Wagic PSP release August 2019

Announcements/news by the admins & moderators
Luruz

Re: Wagic PSP release August 2019

Post by Luruz »

Luruz wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:49 pm Hi,

Just download the psp version and copy the Res/sets subfolder to the Res folder of pc version.

You can use even the User/sets/M20 and User/sets/MH1 images in the pc version (i’m Currently doing this too), again just copy&paste from psp version to Pc version.

If you have problems let me know, I can try to post one link with just the Res/sets directory do download.

See you soon.

Thanks, this is good. It works fine. Now, I have to check if all cards from both sets works fine. By the way, the crops from Kaladesh set are in Italian languague I guess. :3
Hi,

I just upload all the images and thumbnails in english version (before some of them were in italian due to a localization problem of my automatic downloader program). Check againg my previous post or download all directly from here:

https://mega.nz/#!KD50ySDY!4QueA7vN0wPE ... IZw9Pa9vwA

I hope now it's all ok, report me any feedback, see you soon ;)

P.S.
Now even UST set is totally indexed in Wagic sets, but of course primitives are not available in game since they are all unsupported.
[/quote]

Hi, thanks. There are many other sets that also are in Italian. But I forgot the name of all of them, a few are core sets from M10 and others are sets from de year 2007 or 2014. But, any way. I have other links to download the crops for PC resolution in english.

Here:

This es from the user ph34rbot a developer in this forum: https://mega.nz/#F!jdBinKRS!9sG79aEOlGiH1Dgjg4bK6w (awesome work)
And this one I don't remember from where I get it: https://mega.nz/#F!p8RBBT6Y!ksgSGJbMsKU ... g!4l5nUQiB
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Hi?

In last update I upload today, they are all in English, I’m sure. Check again my previous link ;)

See you!
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

I honestly wished wagic would someday move away from supporting psp...tell me at least that it is vita+ and not older models.
the restrictions the psp put on what more could be done for wagic was too much for me and a huge factor in why I left a few years back. I had already taken wagic further than it should have been while trying to maintain the psp support.

move on to android/iphone you all, PLEASE....
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Zethfox wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:29 am I honestly wished wagic would someday move away from supporting psp...tell me at least that it is vita+ and not older models.
the restrictions the psp put on what more could be done for wagic was too much for me and a huge factor in why I left a few years back. I had already taken wagic further than it should have been while trying to maintain the psp support.

move on to android/iphone you all, PLEASE....
Hi,

Last post is an Android version...

BTW, in my opinion, problem is not directly related to PSP/PSVITA support, but it's related to the JGE framework used by Wagic instead. A native porting of such framework to new genaration SDK is too complicated and not very useful (at least in my opinion), to realy move the game on, it's mandatory to rewrite all the graphic engine, but God knows how much effort this requires (and if there is really someone wishing to do).

In my opinion, till the JGE framework will be on the base of Wagic, there's no specific reason to don't support PSP/PSVITA, it's not so complicated and it's not setting any limit to the game developent (not as much as the JGE itself at least).

See you soon ;)
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

I improved the Android release for the 0.21.1 Wagic version, check my previous post ;)
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Vitty85 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:04 am
Hi,

Last post is an Android version...

BTW, in my opinion, problem is not directly related to PSP/PSVITA support, but it's related to the JGE framework used by Wagic instead. A native porting of such framework to new genaration SDK is too complicated and not very useful (at least in my opinion), to realy move the game on, it's mandatory to rewrite all the graphic engine, but God knows how much effort this requires (and if there is really someone wishing to do).

In my opinion, till the JGE framework will be on the base of Wagic, there's no specific reason to don't support PSP/PSVITA, it's not so complicated and it's not setting any limit to the game developent (not as much as the JGE itself at least).

See you soon ;)
Jge was never completely the issue, the issue was constantly having to stick to the ram and processing limitations of psp but jge was also required for psp anyways. Due to the nature of psp homebrew you are extremely limited in the scope of a project.

There was times additions had to be reverted because it would bog down the psp so much that it crashed.

Dont get me wrong i would love to see wagic use a different graphics engine and even started a coco2d port a long time ago...but abandoned that when i got into heated discussion over dropping psp support because jge was also required for psp support. When I realized no one else was on board i saw no reason in contenuing the port.

Searching the forums you can see that psp 1001 in particular was the bane of my existence.

That combined with lack of testers and lack of card coders that did not code with workarounds eventually had me toss my hands up and walk away.

On the last batch i added, i coded support for about a 600 card pool of cards...when i returned i saw no one even attempted to card code the 2/2 bears. Code engine, code cards, and test on 3 systems..thats brutal amounts of work while at the mean time having to maintain support for a platform that made everything you added that much harder and painfully frustrating.

A good example of psp limits is easy to see in deck builder...that crash on psp is 100% ram related.

As for rewriting the graphics, that would be so painful. You would be better off yanking the abilityparser and the ability constructors out of wagic and integrating it into a new game built on something like unreal which supports c++, using blueprints for card game engine would dramatically speed up such a project. But even then it would still feel like a waste of time since a lot of the abilities were coded the way they are becuase of limits we had...with something like unity or unreal you wpuldnt need the convulsion.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

I mainly agree with you, btw I guess the app can work for psp correctly just in PSVita Adrenaline Emulator, on native PSP we almost reach the maximum limit for Ram and CPU as well.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Remember, im speaking from past tense 😁 while its nice to see the vita getting love, back when i worked on it i couldnt even get people to stop using psp 1001 models...getting them on 2000 model was pulling teeth, and getting them on android/vitas was impossible.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Eh, now time passed, psp 1001 has gone, so people have to move to Vita or Android in a way or another ;)
Bas

Post by Bas »

Yo Zeth, nice to see you back on here! :geek:

As I was writing somewhere else, I am hoping to PR Wagic again, esp. with so much re-polished releases, if you think you can handle support requests regarding these.

For (set) card coding, I wonder if I should try to make it a community thing, this is just a thought experiment so far and depends on whether others are willing to join or not, set together for a date and meetup in discord or whatever and do it as a group, with work split up and being able to ask each other during that session. A workshop basically. :lol:
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)