Wagic on Android: Work-in-progress release

Announcements/news by the admins & moderators
Alucart

Re: Wagic on Android: Work-in-progress release

Post by Alucart »

Well, first I want to thanks all you guys for this awesome work :D now, to the bugs:

1 - After buying some cards (I had already done a deck without any problem at all) the game just stopped work o_o I don't know exactly why, because I was playing last night like always, then I normaly exit and when I try to enter again, the app loads and simply keep crashing after loading ZEN... I was using 0.16

2 - So, I done like you said, got the SVN last version, and I can't play with it XD the game crashes after select the CPU deck...

3 - Then I made a lot of tests seriously worried about can't play anymore, trying all kind of options, anyway after all I just decided to delete everything, reinstall and used again the version 0.16 and now it works! :D But I think I can't make decks to play or buy cards, right? D:

well, again thanks for this apk, its just fantastic =) Im looking for the beta version :D hope that my posts would help the project, also sorry for my bad english =\ thats it for now... by the way, Im using a xperia x10 mini pro with 2.3.7 gingerbread v20 and it runs like a hand in glove...
belux

Post by belux »

I mounted the "RES" wagic 0.16 of the official release on my sony ericcson xperia play...
it works great with touchscreen controls... i've only some issues regarding some card iamges, maybe is due to the resolution...
I'm waiting greedly for an official android release.... :D
xojlmc

Post by xojlmc »

so I've recently postes "freezing" problems on Nook, today I've tried it on HTC desire, with the same 2.3.7 Android and it also freezes. But it seems like the problem appears only while playing with images, without them everything works fine
jwilkes99999

Post by jwilkes99999 »

wololo wrote:
missalexis wrote: the navigation is wonky- it's hard to go back a screen- but that could be related to the hit detection.
As far as I know the Kindle Fire doesn't have the required Android buttons to play Wagic, including the "back" button. clicking on the "back" button of a "normal" android device should usually bring up a menu, or take you back one screen, etc...
If it's not too much to ask- any chance we might get a more recent build to test?
Short answer: no

Somewhat long answer: no, but if you're a developer you can try to compile the latest revision, and contact us if you need help or can provide some

Long answer: This alpha is here to make people wait until we actually release the game. I'm not distributing a new binary every time we do a change. The next release will be the one we do when we are satisfied with the result (note that "satisfied with the results" might still not be enough for most players, as my short term plans do not involve any fix for the shop or the deck editor). People playing the android version are actually playing a version more recent than any other platform (everybody's playing 0.16, the android version is 0.16 + a bunch of changes)
If finals weren't coming up I would seriously start researching how to compile android apk's. I log on every day hoping to see the android beta (I REALLY want profile support). Two goals over Christmas break: 1) Expand/Balance KDED and 2) Compile updated apk.
Anqwa

Post by Anqwa »

Is there any logical reason for why this potensialy awesome program won't work on android 2.2? If there is an issue with sound... then for the love of Aisha, give us the option of disabeling it! We all know 2.3 gingerbread is a horrible concoction of evil. However, that don't matter, cause google decided my TEGRA tablet won't get any upadtes...

Concearnd folio 100 user.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Ilya B wrote:Good day to all devs.

Recently I've got an email from Erwan asking me to contribute my Final Saga theme in high res format. Unfortunately i don't have any sources of my work now (i guess it was accidentaly deleted).

BUT if you (android devs) need updated (high-res) interface, i can update mana and phase icons.

Let me know please, what size you need for Phasebar icons and for Mana icons.

Also if it's needed, here are the bigger images which could be somehow usefull for Wagic: http://ilya-b.deviantart.com/gallery/33555632

And feel free to use (or modify) my images for Wagic in any way you need. I hope you will succeed in making of Android version )

EDIT: just found bigger versions of 48 Wagic portraits, here they are: http://files.myopera.com/Ilya_B/wagic/W ... traits.zip (these portraits aren't cropped)
Thanks a lot, this will be very useful :)
ryballs

Post by ryballs »

Great game but please add support for all Xperia play buttons, unless you have a large (tablet) touchscreen is very hard to use.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

ryballs wrote:Great game but please add support for all Xperia play buttons, unless you have a large (tablet) touchscreen is very hard to use.
did you try changing your bindings? Check this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0CWaaY-c7E
ryballs

Post by ryballs »

wololo wrote:
ryballs wrote:Great game but please add support for all Xperia play buttons, unless you have a large (tablet) touchscreen is very hard to use.
did you try changing your bindings? Check this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0CWaaY-c7E
Yes I spoke to the creator of that video and he could only bind the O and X buttons. Square, Triangle, Select, Start and the shoulder buttons can't be assigned
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I see, thanks for the details.