Wagic on Android: Work-in-progress release

Announcements/news by the admins & moderators
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Wagic on Android: Work-in-progress release

Post by wololo »

In theory the alpha version should work on 2.2, although the upcoming beta will require 2.3.

pandapro , my only advice for now is for you to try the game on your computer (windows or linux). Once you get it to work on your computer, follow the same steps on your Android, except the "Res" folder on your computer is in the game's subfolder, while on android it's in /Wagic/Res at the root of the sdcard.

The game is not perfect on android and can crash, however if you cannot even reach the main screen and interact with it, something's wrong with your install. If you use the MTG Mod, you should have something like 8000 unique cards, not 4000, so this tells me your install is fishy.
For the "knights and dragons" mod, replacing the modrules.xml as you did should be enough, but I'm wondering if you're doing it correctly.
i can get to the first screen with no cards
This is not normal, make sure you put the modrules.xml file in the correct location, it should replace the existing one
then, i install a mod (battle of planeswalker) and get the counts of cards... like 4000 or the like...
I don't know what that mod is. Wagic for android is "officially" compatible with the Knights and Dragon mod AND with the Resource folders from Wagic 0.16, nothing else. You should end up with 8000 cards, not 4000.

Again, try the game on your PC first, and hopefully it will be obvious to you what files to copy to your android.

The official release of Wagic will all download and install automatically for you, so it should be easier next time. Note, however, that you'll need android 2.3 at that point.
pandapro

Post by pandapro »

i finally get this to work... the only two things i see ... and get me a bit of trouble... is that i can't edit new decks... but thats ok and i guess still a beta .. and the other little thing.. is when i play like 2 times the app... and then exit... my phone freeze xD

overall... thats ok!many thanks!
cellicom

Post by cellicom »

i'll send you a private message to become a tester of android version!
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

We started a beta for Wagic 0.17. I decided that it's taking us too long to make it to the android market, so for now the android version will be part of our "regular" releases until we're ready for the market.
I'm closing this thread, feel free to get the latest version here:
http://www.wololo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3386