p'laus

Re: Wagic on Android: Work-in-progress release

Post by p'laus »

Great!
p'laus

Post by p'laus »

Hi wololo.

sorry for the silly question, but what is exactly wipe up? ( I'm not very good in English)

I tried, or to tap the screen, or to go with my finger all over the screen, but nothing appends.

If I go with my finger up on the screen, and then press OK, the cards don't move for a wile, just that.
But the Ok icon never works, and can't choose which card I will hit first.

Again, thank you
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

this is swipe up:
try swipe down too, can't remember which one it is.

One of them "activates" the ok button, which you can then click

Wagic on android does not allow you to reorder blockers for now. Every time I tried, I could only exchange the first and the second one.
p'laus

Post by p'laus »

Hi wololo.

Thank you. I will try swipe down.

I did notice that, if there's more than two cards, only 2 cards move. But that's not important, after all, this is just a test version, and I think it's great, with only the famous problem.
Ilya B

Post by Ilya B »

Good day to all devs.

Recently I've got an email from Erwan asking me to contribute my Final Saga theme in high res format. Unfortunately i don't have any sources of my work now (i guess it was accidentaly deleted).

BUT if you (android devs) need updated (high-res) interface, i can update mana and phase icons.

Let me know please, what size you need for Phasebar icons and for Mana icons.

Also if it's needed, here are the bigger images which could be somehow usefull for Wagic: http://ilya-b.deviantart.com/gallery/33555632

And feel free to use (or modify) my images for Wagic in any way you need. I hope you will succeed in making of Android version )

EDIT: just found bigger versions of 48 Wagic portraits, here they are: http://files.myopera.com/Ilya_B/wagic/W ... traits.zip (these portraits aren't cropped)
xsam420x

Post by xsam420x »

hey im running on the xperia play and whenever i slide open the phone to expose the gamepad the game freezes also occurs when sliding closed while running the game didnt no if this was known or common issue
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

xsam420x wrote:hey im running on the xperia play and whenever i slide open the phone to expose the gamepad the game freezes also occurs when sliding closed while running the game didnt no if this was known or common issue
Yes, this has been reported by other users in the thread. We don't plan to fix this for now.
missalexis

Post by missalexis »

I'm (hopefully) getting a Kindle Fire tomorrow, in part for Wagic, and was wondering if anyone had tried getting it running?
missalexis

Post by missalexis »

missalexis wrote:I'm (hopefully) getting a Kindle Fire tomorrow, in part for Wagic, and was wondering if anyone had tried getting it running?
Well to answer my own question- it runs pretty well on Kindle Fire which I think is very exciting! I have noticed that the hit selection seems to be a bit off- meaning that it doesn't seem to register a tap where my finger appears to be tapping (seems to register as lower down), and the navigation is wonky- it's hard to go back a screen- but that could be related to the hit detection.

If it's not too much to ask- any chance we might get a more recent build to test?

Thank you. :)
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

missalexis wrote: the navigation is wonky- it's hard to go back a screen- but that could be related to the hit detection.
As far as I know the Kindle Fire doesn't have the required Android buttons to play Wagic, including the "back" button. clicking on the "back" button of a "normal" android device should usually bring up a menu, or take you back one screen, etc...
If it's not too much to ask- any chance we might get a more recent build to test?
Short answer: no

Somewhat long answer: no, but if you're a developer you can try to compile the latest revision, and contact us if you need help or can provide some

Long answer: This alpha is here to make people wait until we actually release the game. I'm not distributing a new binary every time we do a change. The next release will be the one we do when we are satisfied with the result (note that "satisfied with the results" might still not be enough for most players, as my short term plans do not involve any fix for the shop or the deck editor). People playing the android version are actually playing a version more recent than any other platform (everybody's playing 0.16, the android version is 0.16 + a bunch of changes)