Wagic on Android: Work-in-progress release

Announcements/news by the admins & moderators
rob3d

Re: Wagic on Android: Work-in-progress release

Post by rob3d »

Installed and working great on my rooted kindle fire. One problem I've seen is the simulated back button the kindle fire ui isn't very responsive when dealing with wagic. I solved that problem by using button savior which puts a persistent overlay of the back button and it works great. Only other problem I had was I could not get the knights and dragons mod to work at all I had to use the res file from the windows version to get wagic to run. Other than that it looks really great. On a side note, is the iOS version on par with this android version or is it further behind on development? If it's anywhere near this complete I may have to get one of the devs at work to compile it for me.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

The iOS version is very close to this, although I personally prefer the controls on the android version (the iOS port relies a lot on "double-tap" kind of events which I don't really like...all of this is mostly decided by the dev doing the port)
thefanum

Post by thefanum »

Long time Linux dev here, just getting into android dev. Have several x86 android netbooks (hacked onto there by me). Also compiled the inital android source release and hacked onto my palm TT3 (no gui, just busybox) but still, this was 2 years before there was an actually android device on the market. I also have couple of various android phones these days. I want to get this up and running. I am willing to throw some money at hiring some freelancers, but I would love to get a look at its current state (maybe even the src an see what I can do myself). So help me out guys. Where can I get the apk, is it gpl'd and are you open to having an outsider (as of now) hire some freelancers (all would sign NDA's, I have them ready to go) to finish what could be an epic port?

Where do we go from here, my personal email (sent the biz one to wolo) is below, help get me involved, and lets make this happen

FANUM
thefanum@gmail.com
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I replied to your pm. If you want to help with code, our policy is "show me a patch, and I'll open the SVN to you". The source can be found at: http://code.google.com/p/wagic
About hiring freelancers, this is a very tempting offer, but also the first time it's been suggested, so let's discuss this over skype or email (sent you my info in the pm) to see what we can do :)
saulot

Post by saulot »

Samsung Galaxy S+ (i9001)
rooted Android 2.3.6

[s]Installed the .apk, followed the instructions in order to install Knights and Dragons, have the /wagic/Res folders in the internal sd card (if i rename it, it just crashes) but the game shows the start up screen (42 cards/40 unique), and crashes to launcher.

Please advise![/s]

Changed the modrules.xml and works...
my bad, sorry, I used the stock mod file.
Also tried it in Galaxy S i9000 with 2.3.3 unrooted and works with the changed .xml file.

Thanks Wololo for the quick answer
Last edited by saulot on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

saulot

Post by saulot »

I just found Bluestacks, an android app player for PC...

I am going to try wagic on it, as soon as the svn compiles in my atom netbook...
Sasha

Post by Sasha »

Trust me everybody this game is incredibly confortable with the Xperia Play controller! ;)
I feel very privileged! 8-)

Please somebody write how to map the "O" and "Menu" botton on it.

I really hope you are not erasing the mapping possibility of this app, wagic is the first game i wanted when i got my mobile. The psp is a little bit too big to have with you all the time, but on my mobile its just perfect when I stop for lunch at work (I dont even eat sometimes because of playing this game!!!!!!) :lol:

I love what you've done and I cant wait to play it on my Xperia Play. :cry:

THANK YOU VEERY VEEERY VEEEEERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
pandapro

Post by pandapro »

First of all ... merry xmas! :D

well i have a LG Optimus Black with Android 2.2.2 compilation FRG83G and actually i can't get wagic to work.. this are the thing i have done.

-install Wagic_20110904.apk ... downloaded the modrules and i can get to the first screen with no cards and if i play any mode the game crash..
-i move the whole folder of the wagic 0.16 and see what happen... well... just enter with no cards and the game crash...
-then, i install a mod (battle of planeswalker) and get the counts of cards... like 4000 or the like... but when enter to any mode... firsti can't see the names of any mode... then enter any mode for example momir... and i only see lands, and if i don't play any land.. they go to the grave yard... and any card i don't play in that turn... so... thats my report...

im go to try on my tablet "super pad II" with android 2.2 i hope there is a better response :)

and my phone is rooted
xojlmc

Post by xojlmc »

pandapro wrote: well i have a LG Optimus Black with Android 2.2.2
Wagic requires 2.3 and newer