Wagic PSP release August 2019

Announcements/news by the admins & moderators
Cyberpunk

Re: Wagic PSP release August 2019

Post by Cyberpunk »

Look what happened now: When I try to enter battles or in the deck editor the game closes by itself, when I enter the shop it shows that I have zero credits. I verified that I have lost all my cards and my credits as shown in the image. Imagehttps://ibb.co/KNNv3t1

Olha só oque aconteceu agora: Quando eu tento entrar nas batalhas ou no editor de decks o jogo fecha sozinho, quando eu entro no shop mostra que eu tenho zero créditos. Verifiquei que eu Perdi todas as minhas cartas e os meus créditos como mostra na imagem.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Try to use English language, I guess the other languages have some issues in the translation files.

See you.
Cyberpunk

Post by Cyberpunk »

Vitty85 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:40 pm Try to use English language, I guess the other languages have some issues in the translation files.

See you.
I tried English language, but it's still the same. :cry:

Tentei o inglês, mas continua igual. :cry:
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Cyberpunk wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:12 pm
Vitty85 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:40 pm Try to use English language, I guess the other languages have some issues in the translation files.

See you.

Which version are you using? Windows, Linux, Android, PSVita? Did you download the original version from my links? I'm currently playing on all these platform without any issue.

I guess you added some files to Res or User folders that are causing the crash.
Cyberpunk

Post by Cyberpunk »

Vitty85 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:05 am
Cyberpunk wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:12 pm

See you.

Which version are you using? Windows, Linux, Android, PSVita? Did you download the original version from my links? I'm currently playing on all these platform without any issue.

I guess you added some files to Res or User folders that are causing the crash.
Yes, I use version 0.23.1. for Windows. I also placed several extra files in the program's folders. I will download the files again and use a clean installation and the English language to see if these problems no longer occur.

Sim, uso a versão 0.23.1. para Windows. Também coloquei vários arquivos extras nas pastas do programa. Vou baixar os arquivos novamente e usar uma instalação limpa e o idioma inglês para ver se esses problemas não ocorrem mais.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Ok, you can even use my user folder and my images as i linked in my post.

See you.
Ronovsky

Post by Ronovsky »

Hi. Out of curiosity I tried to play Wagic after what's probably more than a decade on my PSP 1000. The game keeps crashing during launch. My guess is it cannot load all the cards' primitives (I didn't even try images yet) into the measly 32 MB RAM. Then again, I tried running the game in an emulator and it's crashing too (emulating 2000/3000 of course).

Am I doing something wrong or is there now simply too many cards for PSP to handle? Old Wololo's releases are still running fine.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Hi,

As i said in a previous post, the old 0.18.6 version was already near to saturate the PSP RAM with 16000 primitives and the current 0.23.1 version has more than 20170 primitives, so the 32Mb of RAM are absolutely insufficient.

Also, the 0.18.x version has a lot of features less than 0.23.1, so it's not just about the cards, there are a plenty of sets more (around 100 more) and also a lot of mechanism have been implemented that requires more RAM and CPU to be used (just think to Commander format which allocates two decks composed by 100 cards each one and uses a new game zone too).

Both PSP 1000 and the PPSSPP emu are very cheap in terms of HW resources and they don't allocate more than 32Mb of RAM at the moment, i could be able to run the EBOOT just on a PSVita with Adrenaline emulator which can be set to allocate up to 64Mb of RAM (and in any case the RAM run out quite fast after couple of matches), so basically the PSP and the current PPSSPP emu cannot run all the new features of this game at the moment, sorry.

Probably sooner or later it could be even impossible to load game with PsVita, who knows...

See you.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Hi,

I just updated the Wagic version 0.23.1 and i renewed all the links in the previous post: http://wololo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... =20#p99279

Let me know it there is any problem with new version, see you soon ;)
AkumaHokoru

Post by AkumaHokoru »

Its back its working again I can lose hours to playing nonsense again. thank you everyone involved!