Wagic for Tablet?

Problems compiling the game? Ask Here
spittnacid

Wagic for Tablet?

Post by spittnacid »

I have a xoom and the android build( I understand it is in beta) is very buggy and very ugly on a 10 in display. I found many bugs including not being able to type the name of a new profile and the card images seem to interfere with trying to click stuff, like the deck building is a total mess. Again I understand it is beta and I am not trying to troll, in fact I think it is an amazing endeavor to make a cross platform version of *TG. How can I help? I do not have much programming experience but is it easy enough to get into the code to fix graphics, touch controls and layout? I don't want to do anything more than clean up the interface. Is this possible for someone with little programming?
ph34rbot

Re: Wagic for Tablet?

Post by ph34rbot »

You are encouraged to download the code, modify it and send your changes to wololo so he can evaluate it and possibly add it to the official release

Good luck

http://code.google.com/p/wagic/source/checkout
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

"I do not have much programming experience but is it easy enough to get into the code to fix graphics, touch controls and layout? I don't want to do anything more than clean up the interface. Is this possible for someone with little programming?"

everything I learned about C++ came from wagic...one day i was complaining about X,Y,Z issue and was told "why don't you do it yourself."
so i did. is it hard? very.....
the question is, do you have enough drive in you to actually learn C++ and code it....

changing the layout is not as easy as a person would think.....
for example, can you draw a gui interface that would work more effectively?
im not talking about a pretty background drawing...I mean locations of cards, where in the battlefield cards should lay....where the combat is represented...

once you draw it, consider some decks can have about 200 creatures, 25+ lands, 30 artifacts....ask yourself that question again...

heres a good one, where should we place planeswalkers (my last addition)...where can they be easily accessed every game...
once you solved that problem...
here's another wagic is cross platform, spans many many devices...
will your new gui layout work on an iphone? an n900? a psp? on pc will the new layout make sense with mouse control? direction keys? non-touch nav?

finally once you solve that...
is the players avatars still understandable? where are you displaying the phases, and whos currently active?

:)
once you have a drawing not even a bit of programming, just a drawing of a better layout...
I personally would be willing to help make it happen.
however I will not accept "it looks great on every device but...." <---no buts....current layout works alright on almost every device...the new one has to be better on all devices wagic supports :)

we on for this?
spittnacid

Post by spittnacid »

I apologize for never responding. Took a bit of a siesta. From the latest unofficial build, this now works much much better on android. On a capacitive touch screen its still kinda buggy but on a resistive touch it works beautifully. I would like to learn c++ to at least change one global thing with the engine regarding menus, rather than touching once on something you need to touch again on it to confirm. ie the main menu... rather than touch an icon and it go there. You can touch it and it pops up the hint/help text at the bottom. You have to touch it again to confirm. I understand you can drag your finger across them for the hint/help text but that to me isnt very intuitive. Anywho, im back and looking to do stuff.