Ported for the open pandora... But...

Problems compiling the game? Ask Here
stradian

Ported for the open pandora... But...

Post by stradian »

As you can see, I have managed to get the main menu running on the pandora. But; it does come with its problems. I have compiled this with Qt with the modified make file attached. Wagic has been compiled with opengles 2. In addition I had to edit Jtypes.h to accept gles 2.

The first critical one is that choosing any item from the main menu, excluding the options menu, will crash wagic with this output in the terminal:

Code: Select all

wagic: src/WResourceManager.cpp:1204: cacheItem* WCache<cacheItem, cacheActual>::Get(int, const std::string&, int, int) [with cacheItem = WCachedTexture, cacheActual = JTexture]: Assertion `it != managed.end()' failed.
Aborted
The second one is there is no sound; As corresponding to this in the terminal:

WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded 
WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded 
WARNING: Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect  Phonon::MediaObject ( no objectName ) to  Phonon::AudioOutput ( no objectName ). 
Interestingly, this happens at the stat of wagic:

QIconvCodec::convertFromUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv failed for BOM: Bad file descriptor
QIconvCodec::convertFromUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv_open failed
QIconvCodec::convertToUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv_open failed
Unable to load graphicssystem "opengl" 
QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
Any help would be appriciated to make this fully work. Thanks in advance.

If anyone asks for the binary, Ill post it, it will work on arm7a devices.
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Djardin

Re: Ported for the open pandora... But...

Post by Djardin »

Several points:
- What version of Qt is Open Pandora supporting ? I'm using Qt 4.7.x on Maemo, Linux desktop and Meego without much problem
- Any chance you could provide us a patch vs the .pro file instead of the produced makefile ? This makefile is not even in the SVN
- You may have a problem in the resource manager. This one is threaded by default using a QThread implementation on Qt, you can try to use the unthreaded version instead ( line 206 in WResourceManager.cpp, CacheEngine::Create<ThreadedCardRetriever>(textureWCache);) Note that I'm using successfully the threaded version on every Qt plaform for the moment.
- Your phonon backend can't be found ... You can try to write a simple program playing a sound file with Phonon, maybe your port does not work or require some additional configuration ? This phonon code works fine on Linux, maemo, meego for the moment.
- Your Qt port seems weird, you should not have opengl activated, opengl es for sure but not opengl ...
- You can try the SDL 1.3 port, it's less finished but it may work better if your Qt implementation is broken.

Hope that helps.
doragasu

Re: Ported for the open pandora... But...

Post by doragasu »

I'm also interested in porting Wagic to the OpenPandora. I'm not experienced in porting stuff, and I don't have too much spare time, but I'd like to give it a try.

As Wagic has been ported to the N900, I think the port should not be very difficult. Both systems share the same SoC and a Linux distro running on top of it.

So far I have downloaded the sources, but I'm a bit lost and I have not found neither a build tutorial nor makefiles for the different supported architectures (I think a makefile for the N900 version could be helpful).

Any hints/suggestions about how to start?