How to compile Wagic SVN to Android (Windows)

Problems compiling the game? Ask Here
kevlahnota

How to compile Wagic SVN to Android (Windows)

Post by kevlahnota »

How to compile Wagic SVN to Android

I have these in my system(I use Windows 7)

Wagic SVN
Java JDK
Android NDK
Android SDK
Apache ANT

Download all these and install Java JDK, then install Android SDK(take note where you install this). then run Android SDK Manager.

this image is just example:

Now select your target platform( I select Android 2.3.3 just like the image above) and install/download the packages.

After the Android SDK Manager installed the platform. Extract Android NDK to your desired folder(I extracted them in c:\android-ndk-r8c)

Now we need to compile the Wagic Svn Source using the NDK. Open command prompt (type cmd in run window, winkey+r) and type this:

Code: Select all

c:\android-ndk-r8c\ndk-build -C "C:\WagicSVN\projects\mtg\Android"
where -C sets the Wagic Svn directory, It will take a while to finish compiling.

after it finished compiling you will have two folders (armeabi and armeabi-v7a) in C:\WagicSVN\projects\mtg\Android\libs.

now you need to know Android Sdk installation folder(mine is C:\android-sdk\tools)

open command prompt and type:

C:\android-sdk\tools\android list targets
it will list the target ID for the platform we will use. in my case my target id is 1 for Android 2.3.3

so in the command prompt we will type a new command:

C:\android-sdk\tools\android update project -t 1 -p "C:\WagicSVN\projects\mtg\Android"
where -t is the target ID and -p is the path for Wagic SVN.

Finally we can now compile our apk using Apache Ant.

Extract Apache Ant to your desired directory(mine is C:\apache-ant-1.8.4).

Open command prompt and type:

C:\apache-ant-1.8.4\bin\ant debug -f "C:\WagicSVN\projects\mtg\Android"
where -f indicates the path of Wagic SVN, debug is for the debug version.

If the Build succeed then congratulations.

you can browse the apk (named Wagic-debug.apk) inside C:\WagicSVN\projects\mtg\Android\bin folder.
zhdarkstar

Re: How to compile Wagic SVN to Android (Windows)

Post by zhdarkstar »

I had problems getting it to compile at first but found the cause of the problem. The JDK defaulted its installation into a separate folder and the only way I was able to get it to compile was to copy the contents of the jdk folder into the jre7 folder.

Are there supposed to be Google ads on the main menu of the SVN version or did I do something wrong? The release version I got from the main site didn't have them so I was curious as to their origin.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

zhdarkstar wrote: Are there supposed to be Google ads on the main menu of the SVN version or did I do something wrong? The release version I got from the main site didn't have them so I was curious as to their origin.
Yes. The last release we did had a bug preventing the ads from showing up, which was a mistake. In a way, this is sad, because the poor results we saw with ads revenue (not knowing there was a bug) is one of the reasons I stopped pouring my own time in the project... well, at least people got to enjoy an ad free version :P
jwilkes99999

Post by jwilkes99999 »

So if the ads in the next version pull in better revenue we might get more attention lol?
William Ward

Post by William Ward »

i cant find the svn?
William Ward

Post by William Ward »

Not quite sure how to download it :/
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

In order to download the wagic sources with SVN, Follow steps 2 to 6 of this guide:
http://code.google.com/p/wagic/wiki/Com ... or_Windows

The guide is called "Compiling for windows", but (of course) the svn instructions are valid whatever your target compilation platform is (this includes Android)
William Ward

Post by William Ward »

Now we need to compile the Wagic Svn Source using the NDK. Open command prompt (type cmd in run window, winkey+r) and type this:
CODE: SELECT ALL
c:\android-ndk-r8c\ndk-build -C "C:\WagicSVN\projects\mtg\Android"

where -C sets the Wagic Svn directory, It will take a while to finish compiling.

after it finished compiling you will have two folders (armeabi and armeabi-v7a) in C:\WagicSVN\projects\mtg\Android\libs.

now you need to know Android Sdk installation folder(mine is C:\android-sdk\tools)

i dont get the files armeabi?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Do you get an error message when you compile?