Visual Studio Express 2010 not available anymore

Problems compiling the game? Ask Here
Moag

Visual Studio Express 2010 not available anymore

Post by Moag »

Hi,

I tried to download VC Express 2010 but all links I found are dead and it is not available on Microsoft website any more.
They "advice" us to use Visual Studio Community instead (and actually give us no choice)

So I downloaded and installed and gave it a try to compile the sources in the zip file here : https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic/r ... ic-v0.20.1
As expected it did not work, lots of errors while trying to compile boost files + bad project configuration.

(1>------ Build started: Project: JGE, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: SDL, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1> JNetwork.cpp
1> JSocket.cpp
2>SDL_windows.obj : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/SAFESEH' specification
2> Creating library ..\..\..\lib\SDL.lib and object ..\..\..\lib\SDL.exp
2>SDL_gesture.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __ftoui3 referenced in function _SDL_HashDollar
2>SDL_string.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __dtoui3 referenced in function _SDL_PrintFloat
2>..\..\..\lib\SDL.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
1> Unknown compiler version - please run the configure tests and report the results
1> Unknown compiler version - please run the configure tests and report the results
1>d:\jeux\wagic\sources\wagic-wagic-v0.20.1\boost\boost\thread\xtime.hpp(23): error C2059: syntax error: 'constant' (compiling source file src\pc\JSocket.cpp)
1>d:\jeux\wagic\sources\wagic-wagic-v0.20.1\boost\boost\thread\xtime.hpp(23): error C2059: syntax error: 'constant' (compiling source file src\JNetwork.cpp)
(...)
1> d:\jeux\wagic\sources\wagic-wagic-v0.20.1\boost\boost\thread\win32\condition_variable.hpp(207): note: see declaration of 'boost::detail::basic_condition_variable::do_wait' (compiling source file src\pc\JSocket.cpp)
3>------ Build started: Project: mtg, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
3> ActionElement.cpp
3> ActionLayer.cpp
3>d:\jeux\wagic\sources\wagic-wagic-v0.20.1\boost\boost\thread\xtime.hpp(23): error C2059: syntax error: 'constant' (compiling source file src\ActionElement.cpp)
3>d:\jeux\wagic\sources\wagic-wagic-v0.20.1\boost\boost\thread\xtime.hpp(23): error C2059: syntax error: 'constant' (compiling source file src\ActionLayer.cpp)
3>d:\jeux\wagic\sources\wagic-wagic-v0.20.1\boost\boost\thread\xtime.hpp(31): error C2143: syntax error: missing ';' before '}' (compiling source file src\ActionElement.cpp)
(...)
3> d:\jeux\wagic\sources\wagic-wagic-v0.20.1\boost\boost\thread\win32\condition_variable.hpp(207): note: see declaration of 'boost::detail::basic_condition_variable::do_wait' (compiling source file src\WResourceManager.cpp)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 3 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Do you plan to migrate the project to Visual Studio Community or would you by chance have a link to VC Express 2010 ?

Br
Moag
kevlahnota

Re: Visual Studio Express 2010 not available anymore

Post by kevlahnota »

sent you a PM, check it :)
sword_zero001

Post by sword_zero001 »

kevlahnota wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:17 am sent you a PM, check it :)
Could you please give me your solution as well? I am having trouble compiling on VS Community 2017
hanahsan

Post by hanahsan »

I must say, Bloxorzthis is a great post, and I appreciate the details.