OMG Hello World Has Purple Screen!!

If you have a question about the git repository and the code, or if you have code to propose then please post in this forum.
Do not post request here.
Yeshua

OMG Hello World Has Purple Screen!!

Post by Yeshua »

We're not using anything incorrectly in wagic source. I have the Hello World that came with JGE and it has our little purple friend too. That means the error HAS to be in OUR JGE. Because I used our JGE to compile.

By the way, what are the dependancies in the dep folder? I couldn't get some things to compile at first because they needed those. Could those be our issue?
Attachments

[The extension png has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by Yeshua on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daddy32

Re: OMG Hello World Has Purple Screen!!

Post by Daddy32 »

Does this always happen? If so, it could be extremely useful in debugging.
Yeshua

Post by Yeshua »

No, unfortunatly it happens just like wagic. Sometimes works sometimes doesn't. But atleast now we know wagics code is fine. Its JGE that has an issue.
Yeshua

Post by Yeshua »

Also since the purple screen predates the SVN, I can't check when in august JGE was changed if at all. However, something we have done with JGE since then has definatly made it show itself more often.

So, if you want the code to this I made an SVN for it. https://code.google.com/p/purplescreendebug/
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Thanks a lot! This will definitely help narrow down the issue.
I've been trying to get previous versions of Wagic, and I managed to do it (I can send you the SVN repository I used back at that time if you think it can help), but I couldn't reproduce the purple screen issue with that version.
One issue is that the PSPSDK has slightly changed since that time (2007/2008), and some tweaks are necessary to make Wagic 0.0.2 compile.
Yeshua

Post by Yeshua »

That'd be nice to get that repository, because our issue predates the svn like I said. The change in the PSPSDK could have caused our bug. Anything added to JGE at that time is worth looking at.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Ok, I'll send you the repository asap then.
Note that I seem to remember that other users of JGE were having the issue with the "original" JGE, so it could be a bug existing in JGE before we started changing it.

Unfortunately the forum for JGE is long dead so I can't find these posts back.

Edit: look at this cached info:
http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:sx ... clnk&gl=us

at the bottom of the page, there's a topic called: Split screen bug after port over to PSP
which is the same issue we have...
Yeshua

Post by Yeshua »

Either way, its definatly JGE, so its not our code.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

It could be that we use JGE in a wrong way, too, for example we call a method when we shouldn't, etc... but if even the hello world fails, yeah, you're probably right :)