Build Homebrew decks with MTG Studio

All suggestions and feature requests to improve wagic.
Sub forums Card Coding & Parser ,Game Mode ,Deck Editor
gaddlord

Re: Build Homebrew decks with MTG Studio

Post by gaddlord »

I am currently investigating the Wagic source code (which is quite well written btw) and made the following observations:

1. There are indeed the so called meta-decks where the cards are written not by their name but by their card identifier.
What I will do is make a parser in MTG Studio which reads all 5149 cards from the _cards.dat files and be able to filter in MTG Studio exactly the cards which are supported by Wagic.

2. If the card is written as

Code: Select all

Terror (10E) *2
the 10E is actually ingored and not used at all. The program simply performs a search for the Terror card in the Wagic database and takes the last copy ignoring the "10E".

Being this way I will add support parsing the deck in the following format

Terror *2
as well. There is already one such deck "deck48.txt" in the Baka player which has

Blanchwood Armor *2
3. I also added support in MTG Studio for parsing decks which have comments on the same after the card definition for example

Terror (10E) *2 # Quite a handy card indeed
I hope those changes to be available soon. I will write back as soon as I have them done.
gaddlord

Post by gaddlord »

MTG Studio 1.7.3 has just been released at http://www.mtgstudio.com

It has enhanced support for Wagic the Homebrew.

Now it can handle meta cards (cards in decks specified as IDs with numbers instead of card name/set)

MTG Studio also has a View|Wagic the Homebrew Only filter which will filter down the card pool to only the 5149 cards Wagic currently supports.

Best Regards,
Gad D Lord
PalmROOT, Inc.
http://www.mtgstudio.com
Azul

Post by Azul »

I've been playing around with MTG Studio as a deck builder for Wagic and I must say that it is working amazingly. Now that you can filter out the non-Wagic cards it's a lot easier to put together decks and search for all the cards you need. Thanks for putting in the effort to code this feature Gaddlord. I bought Studio to catalogue my personal collection and put together real decks, but am extremely happy that there are other ways that I can use it. Your frequent updates are also appreciated.
Nelorio12

Post by Nelorio12 »

Wow! this would kick it up a notch. Wagic community is getting bigger and the game is getting better. I'm informing all my friends about this game since they are die hard magic fans, they'll love this for sure and with the help of MTG studio, wagic the homebrew would a be solid game and even better than other psp games out there.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

bump
carslove54

Post by carslove54 »

Very interesting, i going to test it now :)