Build Homebrew decks with MTG Studio

All suggestions and feature requests to improve wagic.
Sub forums Card Coding & Parser ,Game Mode ,Deck Editor
gaddlord

Build Homebrew decks with MTG Studio

Post by gaddlord »

The forthcoming version of MTG Studio 1.7.1 (http://www.mtgstudio.com) will support building decks for Wagic the Homebrew.
More on the topic is available at the MTG Studio forum http://www.mtgstudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... =4070#4070.

Here is a teaser of that feature: Image

Here is how the deck preview would look like when MTH deck is selected:
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Build Homebrew decks with MTG Studio

Post by wololo »

Wow, that's terrific news :shock:
Many people have been asking for a cool deck editor, this piece of news is simply awesome!
Szei

Post by Szei »

Wow. This is great! Too bad I've already begun work in a different program. This will definitely prove useful in the future though. Thanks!
mickey_brown

Post by mickey_brown »

awesome!
rob3d

Post by rob3d »

SWEET! gonna have to buy that now.
Daddy32

Post by Daddy32 »

Actually, I don't quite like the idea of buying $20 application just as a tool for a free game - as I would have no other use for MTG Studio itself.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Well It's not like there is some kind of exclusivity here. We do not prevent freeware devs to do the same kind of work...
Of course it's up to anyone to choose. And in the end I believe this will benefit both MTG Studio and Wagic, so that's good.
Also I think a demo version exists, but I don't know how much you can do with it. Maybe gaddlord will come around and give some explanation on what the demo offers.
mickey_brown

Post by mickey_brown »

Yeah I thought it sounded cool until I noticed the price tag.
gaddlord

Post by gaddlord »

Hello,

The demo is fully functional but limited to 30 days of use.

Btw it turned out that I an currently supporting building decks in the form

Code: Select all

#NAME:BlaBla
#DESC:Some description

Terror (10E) *4
Fog (5E) *3
but once the deck is opened it is converted to something like this:

Code: Select all

#NAME:BlaBla
#DESC:Some description

So actually the nice card names are replaced with Wagic card identifiers.

I will do my best to support those type of decks in the next version as well.

Meanwhile you can download the trial version and test it for 30 days. If you find MTG Studio of any use then buy it, otherwise stick to your building tool of choice. ;)
Azul

Post by Azul »

I bought MTG Studio awhile ago to catalogue my collection and build decks quicker. I found that the interface and filters seemed more "professional" than other options like Magic Workstation which I had been using prior. The deck stats like the manalyzer and example starting hands are really useful as well. The feature that MTG Studio lacks is the ability to play games with your decks in order to test them out, but Wagic is a perfect vehicle for a limited sort of testing. If the cards are working in Wagic then you get an amazing amount of testing against all the great decks currently included.

This program is great but will be perfect if it ever gets to the point where you can limit the deck pool to cards that are supported by Wagic. I don't mind building off my PSP when on the road but it's a lot slower trying to manually scroll through all the cards. The only method I had been using earlier was either writing my decks by hand, or by using one of these programs to get a general feel and then transcribing the deck into Wagic after.

Anyhow, it's nice to see another group supporting Wagic. Hopefully the arrangement can be mutually beneficial.