Deck Selection in Story Mode

All suggestions and feature requests to improve wagic.
Sub forums Card Coding & Parser ,Game Mode ,Deck Editor
Tacoghandi

Deck Selection in Story Mode

Post by Tacoghandi »

I don't know if this is a thing yet. It was not before my last comp crash, but I would like to know how, if it exists, or see in the future the ability to add player deck selection to the story modes. I have story modes that I want to do but not being able to let the player select their own deck has been stopping me from bothering. I do not like the restriction and it is hard to give proper rewards out to let the player improve their deck. if we cant to full deck selection I think maybe having a specific slot in the deck editor being reserved for story mode usage would be good. then a call for the deck can be done in the story mode. that way you can force the player to play a deck you want, or have a call code to use that deck.

I think that is the best way to do it. Have a code that when coding the player deck in the story you can use the normal method to give them a deck for the match, or have a code that makes the deck use like deck1 or a special deck slot like storydeck.
!!Check out My Created Sets and other Stuff!!

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3380
kevlahnota

Re: Deck Selection in Story Mode

Post by kevlahnota »

I think this is doable, a sample test campaign would be nice. The render of deck menus is in GameState.cpp line 122... renderDeckMenu...