Wagic 2017 suggestions thread

All suggestions and feature requests to improve wagic.
Sub forums Card Coding & Parser ,Game Mode ,Deck Editor
Bas

Wagic 2017 suggestions thread

Post by Bas »

My personal ones;
- Include a hotkey for leaving shop/task menu menu for instantly returning to main menu (would make it way more comfortable on PSP on slowdowns)
- Improve starter cards, I personally would include low end playables like some vanilla creatures, some copies of each guildgate and possibly evolving wilds, more than just 10 basics per type (should be full numbers, so something like 25 each, maybe?)
- Why does it look like players are penalized for playing other modes than classic or tournaments? 200 credits per game and partly unable to do quests AS WELL? I can understand that you want people to play with their own decks, but my guts are telling me they will anyways. Really, don't demotivate people even more - no offense!
- Random 1/2/3 colors for sets and blocks. Just like current mode, but limit the cards for user-selected set(s) or blocks. This would re-create a more limited-ish experience with cards and mechanics working together more.
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Bas

Re: Wagic 2017 suggestions thread

Post by Bas »

- Raise credits to normal amount (400) per each game for other modes (such as Random, Momir...) and matches (such as best of 3/5...)
- Enable sideboard for matches (seems to be on the way already?)
- Option to sell all cards whcih are more than 4 copies (from the same set, except for basics and cards like certain rats). It is kinda tiresome to spend hours to sell cards and rebuying some all the time. Maybe with another option to either strictly reserve 4 from the same sets and the other option limiting to 4 in total.
- Show the credits count in all menus.
- Somehow the D-Pad (on PSP) is basically unused. Maybe align some functions to it? Such as faster scrolling in lists or quickly switching to lands during a game or sth?
- Show current tasks in main menu or allow to view them per hotkey in main menu or enemy list

Note that this is mostly a brainstorming thread, so feel free to give any thought you might have.
Forums are down atm.

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Bas

Post by Bas »

- The option to import decklists from AI decks.
- The option to play duel decks, promotional decks etc. against AI playing the opposite deck. For instance, Duel Decks Elves vs Goblins, player chooses one side (randomly or not), AI gets the other one. Other examples include Planeswalker decks, Clash Packs, Intro Packs...or even custom made duel decks.

Not so shy please. Open your mouth! (also, feedback to my suggestions or this thread is appreciated)
Forums are down atm.

Bas

Post by Bas »

- Add ability to edit deck description ingame
- Get credits for boni like "Deadly Force", "Sword and Shield" etc.
Forums are down atm.

Bas

Post by Bas »

- Give some credits even for losses (dunno, 10%? or bonuses only?)
- Up to debate: Stop the flunctuation of booster prices; I see that this might be doing more bad than good, it might result in other players like me are hoarding credits just to buy boosters when they are extremely low priced. I think in general you want rewards to be powerful, but also kind of imminent. Not to mention it gets kind of tiresome of spending several 10k credits at once, then possibly manually selling cards and then buying and selling again for quite a long time.
Forums are down atm.

Spiwy

Post by Spiwy »

I'd love to see some kind of editable format for the deck editor:
Have a .txt where you cant set special formats like Standard, or Modern, and add the codes of the expansions you want to put in there, so when you are browsing the editor you can select your format instead of having to select 7 expansions in 7 different filters, this would also help creating block decks (i love themes :oops: )

Thanks in advance!
Spiwy
Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

It would be great the possibility to choosing packs of desired set, and not random. Anyone have considered this possibility? There are too many sets, so it's quite annoying refreshing the shop list for buying certain set pack.

Anyways, Wagic is my top1 favourite, congratz to you all guys ;)
zeello

Post by zeello »

I'm a little late (2018) but I have some suggestions/observations after playing it on PSP.

- When you respond to something it gives you a few seconds to respond. This time limit seems completely unnecessary and I was puzzled by the fact that you can extend the limit in options (to 20 seconds I think?) but not remove it entirely. Is anyone really going to wait 20 seconds to let an instant resolve. If I want to pass priority I can just press a button and if I want to respond then I should be able to take my time while I decide. All the time limit does is make me rush and press the button prematurely, which defeats the point of giving me a chance to respond in the first place.

- The game has too many cards and sorely needed some sort of structure or campaign. As it stands the game is pretty pointless and hardly is a game at all, it's more of an app. It also makes no sense to have cards appear in multiple editions (e.g. fifteen different versions of Stone Rain, Disenchant, etc) as this is a huge waste of memory. The memory issue really encouraged the game to have a curated card list or just a handful of sets. (Focus on a specific block or plane for example. There could be a version of Wagic that's just Ravnica sets and maybe another one down the road for Mirrodin, and so on)

- Expanding on the above point, it makes no sense to have to scroll through a list of a gazillion AI opponents just to get to the one you haven't fought yet. The cursor should automatically start on the next one you haven't done yet instead of making you press the dpad 50 times. You know, like a proper campaign. If you beat level 1 in a game, you're taken to level 2, beat that and automatically go to level 3, etc. Instead of forcing you to manually select everything. It's interesting how many games get this wrong. (Gran Turismo on PSP for example)

For all its pointlessness though I found Wagic pretty addicting for a while. And because of it I got motivated into playing MtG irl, so there's that too. (although whether that is a good thing or not is debatable, lol)