Basnap's design questions and suggestions

All suggestions and feature requests to improve wagic.
Sub forums Card Coding & Parser ,Game Mode ,Deck Editor
Bas

Basnap's design questions and suggestions

Post by Bas »

In addition to viewtopic.php?f=37&p=96991#p96991

1. Why does it look like players are penalized for playing other modes than classic or tournaments? 200 credits per game and partly unable to do quests AS WELL? I can understand that you want people to play with their own decks, but my guts are telling me they will anyways. Really, don't demotivate people even more - no offense!
2. Why are combo boosters more expensive than single ones? Assuming I want to buy certain cards or sets I am already paying an opportunity price by purchasing half a booster I don't want. Bonus: Possibility to add images for boosters, for combo boosters this could be half of each.
3. Starting pack: I feel it was very hard to build multi-colored decks with the starting pack. I suggest to add cards like guildgates, evolving wilds etc. for free to make this a bit easier, esp. considering how kinda dependent you are on them. What about adding a bit more of basic lands, too? (Not really sure about the current number, TBH)
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Bas

Re: Basnap's design questions and suggestions

Post by Bas »

bump

+ 4:
I think varying shop prices are more annoying than useful. I personally very often just don't buy and save all my credits until boosters are 700-800 each.
I am wondering, maybe the game could award a random booster after every X games to the player? This will result in some positive surprises and might feel pretty rewarding for the player.
Forums are down atm.

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

I added a system to reward players on the decks they built, you can earn TONS of extra cash by doing combos, having tons of creatures, ect.
Bas

Post by Bas »

What about the other points? Esp some things could really be changed, in case the dev team agrees with me on them. (Credits other game modes, dual lands in starter cards, price for combo boosters)
Forums are down atm.

Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

can you be more specific?
Bas

Post by Bas »

Well, I wrote out 4 suggestions, and the first three doesn't seem to be hard to implement. Or did I express myself anywhere non-understandable?
Forums are down atm.

Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

What i can do on those cases is first make cards cost in the shop nonrandom. Like have a set price for a common, set price for uncommon, set price for rare and so on. Question is what do you think is fair for each rarity?

Whats fair price for a booster?

Second, i can increase win bonus or add new win bonuses. As far as cards the shop has a search option that lets you ask about a specific card. Is this option no longer working?
Bas

Post by Bas »

Sry, I mean that the player gets 400 credits for each game, even in tournaments and other game modes (such as random deck 1color/2color), "combo boosters" being more expensive than normal ones (why?) and adding this like guildgates to the starter cards to allow easier multi-colored deck building.

For booster prices, I would set them to roughly 750 credits per booster on normal mode, as I personally just save my credits until they cost roughly as much. I extremely rarely buy single cards as it feels a bit like cheating and I loose the excitement of opening one of the cards I seek in a booster.
Forums are down atm.

Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

You mean the beginner collection you build your first deck from?

How about this solution instead, normalize prices in shop first. Then add a "you won blah card" award, where you win a random card in the ai deck you beat. That way if ai is running a card you want you can take your chances against him until you win the card. I do think a few ai decks use dual lands. Would this be an exciting add to awards? Or would it feel rewarding to win thier cards? Obviously the decks would stay the same, but you. An win any of the 60 cards in thier deck.
Bas

Post by Bas »

Yup, that was about the beginner cards.

Maybe more sth like a 1/3 to 1/5 chance? 100% chance might be a bit too high. I think getting a good card from the has the potential to feel very, very good.
Forums are down atm.