Wagic 0.2 Wishlist/Feature Request

All suggestions and feature requests to improve wagic.
Sub forums Card Coding & Parser ,Game Mode ,Deck Editor
Darth Agnon

Wagic 0.2 Wishlist/Feature Request

Post by Darth Agnon »

Just thought I'd put together a wishlist of things I wish I could see in a new Wagic 0.2 release, in approximate order of priority. Just imagine all the people, working on Wagic 0.2...

- All new cards (inc. BNG, JOU, M15, KTK, etc.) merged into mtg.txt.
- Bug fix (PSP): Fix the main menu background gradient glows for white, blue and red. The background glows for each of these colours should be yellow/white, blue and red, respectively. Ever since 0.19, the background glows have been blue/white, red and blue, in that order. Red mana symbol with a blue glow? Please, no!
- Bug fix (PSP): either fix the bug that results in PSP crashing upon resuming from sleep, or disable PSP sleep function while in Wagic.
- Ever since Wagic 0.19, the large view of cards on the battlefield auto-hides. While a nice feature, they auto-hide too quickly. It would be wonderful if, in the Options menu, the time delay before auto-hiding could be adjusted, and the auto-hide could be toggled off...
- Bug fix (PSP): either fix the memory bug that leads to glitching after too many duels/an extra detailed campaign/too much trophy room viewing or add a key combination that resets Wagic completely (or empties the memory cache) (START+[] doesn't work very well; maybe change the function of this combination).
- Bug fix (PSP): fix the bug that makes the Memory Stick light flash crazily and non-stop whenever there is a player deck labelled "New" on screen (maybe add a toggleable option: <Highlight "New" player decks? Yes/No>, when "No", never labels a player deck as "New"; "Yes" leaves it as it is)
- New UI for the Deck Builder, that loads only card thumbnails in a grid, with slightly adjusted stats screen 1 (the others are okay). Loads card title at top of screen, allows x and y axis browsing. Press O on a card to bring up the large view/artwork (if enabled and available). OR, same grid view, except only on right half of screen. Left half shows large view/artwork of card thumbnail currently highlighted. Again, slightly adjusted initial stats screen (you know, that one that appears from both sides of the screen against a large view card in the middle if you wait a few seconds).
- A new way of loading AI decks (e.g. separate official Wagic AI decks from player-made decks and community decks (categories?)) ideally on a per page basis (e.g. 10 AI decks per page), to shorten loading times, as I added ~700 new AI decks I found somewhere on the forums, which means the Classic game mode now takes literally the longest five minutes ever of PSP black screen and Memory Stick light flashing.
- Scry, Delve and Devotion (is that last one now coded?) implemented.
- 1 vs 1 multiplayer, either hotseat on one console, or Ad hoc (for those of you who prefer Infrastructure, you can always use the Pro Online plugin for PSP CFW Pro C, and it will always be 1 vs 1, due to the way the cards are coded in Wagic (anyone fancy sifting through 10,000+ cards to change it? ;) )
- [Optional] a Check for updates button under Options? This one might not be worth implementing...
- [Very Very Optional] animated effects such as fire around red cards (or only spells?) when played, water splash around blue cards played, leaf splash around green cards, light burst/glow around white cards, black cracks spreading from black cards...(maybe I'll just make a theme with effects a bit like that, except not animated :D )

Live long and prosper, Wagic Community!

Darth Agnon
Planeswalker and Monster Hunter
Like Wagic? Check out my custom themes, etc. at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=66181
Wololo's article: http://wololo.net/2016/07/14/new-wagic- ... rth-agnon/
Djardin

Re: Wagic 0.2 Wishlist/Feature Request

Post by Djardin »

Darth Agnon wrote:Just thought I'd put together a wishlist of things I wish I could see in a new Wagic 0.2 release, in approximate order of priority. Just imagine all the people, working on Wagic 0.2...
I think we should try to get a Github release in 2014, yeah.
Darth Agnon wrote: - All new cards (inc. BNG, JOU, M15, KTK, etc.) merged into mtg.txt.
For this one, you guys on the forum are completely up to date to what is OK and what is not, so, you basically are the best to contribute all that to the Github project.
Darth Agnon wrote: - Bug fix (PSP): Fix the main menu background gradient glows for white, blue and red. The background glows for each of these colours should be yellow/white, blue and red, respectively. Ever since 0.19, the background glows have been blue/white, red and blue, in that order. Red mana symbol with a blue glow? Please, no!
- Bug fix (PSP): either fix the bug that results in PSP crashing upon resuming from sleep, or disable PSP sleep function while in Wagic.
- Bug fix (PSP): either fix the memory bug that leads to glitching after too many duels/an extra detailed campaign/too much trophy room viewing or add a key combination that resets Wagic completely (or empties the memory cache) (START+[] doesn't work very well; maybe change the function of this combination).
- Bug fix (PSP): fix the bug that makes the Memory Stick light flash crazily and non-stop whenever there is a player deck labelled "New" on screen (maybe add a toggleable option: <Highlight "New" player decks? Yes/No>, when "No", never labels a player deck as "New"; "Yes" leaves it as it is)
We'll have a problem with those bugs as I don't know if some active devs remains using some PSP. Wagic PSP is still built automatically on the Wagic head (latest build is here https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic/r ... ic-psp.zip). So, anybody, feel free to contribute your patches to the Github project.
Darth Agnon wrote: - New UI for the Deck Builder, that loads only card thumbnails in a grid, with slightly adjusted stats screen 1 (the others are okay). Loads card title at top of screen, allows x and y axis browsing. Press O on a card to bring up the large view/artwork (if enabled and available). OR, same grid view, except only on right half of screen. Left half shows large view/artwork of card thumbnail currently highlighted. Again, slightly adjusted initial stats screen (you know, that one that appears from both sides of the screen against a large view card in the middle if you wait a few seconds).
A new Grid UI for deck builder was contributed by ZobyTwo last year, it's available in the Github release. I doubt it was ever tested on PSP, it's fine on PC and Android.
Darth Agnon wrote: - A new way of loading AI decks (e.g. separate official Wagic AI decks from player-made decks and community decks (categories?)) ideally on a per page basis (e.g. 10 AI decks per page), to shorten loading times, as I added ~700 new AI decks I found somewhere on the forums, which means the Classic game mode now takes literally the longest five minutes ever of PSP black screen and Memory Stick light flashing.
- Scry, Delve and Devotion (is that last one now coded?) implemented.
For all that, basically feel free to contribute code to the Github project. Especially, for new abilities, tests are required to avoid breaking the engine.
Darth Agnon wrote: - 1 vs 1 multiplayer, either hotseat on one console, or Ad hoc (for those of you who prefer Infrastructure, you can always use the Pro Online plugin for PSP CFW Pro C, and it will always be 1 vs 1, due to the way the cards are coded in Wagic (anyone fancy sifting through 10,000+ cards to change it? ;) )
Actually, there is already some code in Wagic implementing 1 vs 1 network gaming. It's based on the undo serialization code. I never finished it, but I managed to play a full game Windows vs Android long time ago =). I'll have a look at it to see in what state it is. Unfortunately, a lot of stuff are hardcoded to do human vs AI in Wagic.
Darth Agnon wrote: - [Optional] a Check for updates button under Options? This one might not be worth implementing...
This is kinda complex especially if we want to allow resource upgrade without app upgrade.
Darth Agnon wrote: - [Very Very Optional] animated effects such as fire around red cards (or only spells?) when played, water splash around blue cards played, leaf splash around green cards, light burst/glow around white cards, black cracks spreading from black cards...(maybe I'll just make a theme with effects a bit like that, except not animated :D )
Here again, if some animation gurus are inspired, feel free to contribute something to the Github project. Obviously, no copyrighted graphics or sounds.

In addition to your wishes, I would like to have a beta windows phone 8 release as well as all platform releases built automatically and available for everybody (including Android, iOS and Mac) for each commit...
Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon »

:) Is there any way I could get ZobyTwo's grid card browsing system on my PSP? (Not sure how or where to compile what from... (I'm a bit of a noob :cry: ))

D.A.
P. & MonHun
Djardin

Post by Djardin »

You could try https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic/r ... ic-psp.zip. It should contain ZobyTwo's grid card.
Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon »

Djardin wrote:You could try https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic/r ... ic-psp.zip. It should contain ZobyTwo's grid card.
Thanks! I will try it ASAP :D
EDIT: Tried it.. didn't have a new grid UI :(
Last edited by Darth Agnon on Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon »

I've noticed in the deck editor for the most recent Wagic PSP versions (0.19.2r312 and up) that I've tried that there is the word "grid" down in the lower right corner (it looks blacked out, like it's just the shadow of the word), left of "filter", but while filter is bound to SELECT and menu is bound to START, grid seems to have no key binding, and there is nothing apparent in Options related to enabling grid view... Would you happen to know how to enable it (even if on another platform)?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Darth Agnon
:oops: A bit of a noob
Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon »

Tried the latest PSP Master: v0.19.2.423
It has the word "grid" sort of blacked out (with no key binding) in the deck editor. Other than that, looks the same as it always did... :cry:

Darth Agnon

PS Just wondering, is there a way to fix the main menu background colour glitch? (I've tried messing with rules/modrules.xml, and successfully swapped the background colours around, but it also swapped the mana particle colours...)