2 Player Mode and Bringing it Back

All suggestions and feature requests to improve wagic.
Sub forums Card Coding & Parser ,Game Mode ,Deck Editor
shihab

2 Player Mode and Bringing it Back

Post by shihab »

First, let me say without Wagic I do not have access to any form of Magic, consequently it is probably the most used and best loved app on my tablet.

That is why I would really like the 2 player mode to come back (Magic is more fun with a thinking being you can hurl trash-talk at, which can also hurl trash-talk back.) To this end I have actually made an account on these forums to suggest a possible way to bring back the 2 player mode or some semblance of it (I've read in the forums that a two player mode existed at some point, but was discontinued because of an update). I do not know the complications involved, but I was wondering if it were possible to simply have a mode where the AI was removed and the rules were self-enforced. This way 2 tablets or psp's or what have you, can play cards on their respective device and have a game face to face. Essentially its just a table simulator that allows you to play, tap and remove cards as needed. I know there are some similar softwares roaming out there, but none (as far as I know) are for the android OS.

I think this should be easier to do than to include a new hotseat mode, since it is just the removal of things already there (AI, rules) rather than addition of things that are not. Still, I want to ask, will there be a return of the 2 player mode? Or is it lost forever?
Djardin

Re: 2 Player Mode and Bringing it Back

Post by Djardin »

2 players mode is already in the code base and allows to synchronize 2 Wagic apps. It still need a lot of polish but it basically already work. I tested it between 2 windows PC and between Android and Windows... If you can compile the game and activate the right options, you can already try it yourself.
jwilkes99999

Post by jwilkes99999 »

Seriously? That's crazy. Oh I'd love to see that polished.
arcanux

Post by arcanux »

My wife and i both have the 4791 build on our Nooks and i'd love to be able to play with/against her. Can anyone explain in simple terms that even i could understand how to go about activating this feature? I am rather clueless.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

it only works if both devices have exactly the same decks, that was a bug i found while trying to get it going myself. if one person doesn't have a deck, or the decks are out of order, player one loads deck 104 for example, it will load the other devices "104" causing the sync between the 2 devices to fail ultimately crashing the game.