Sealed Deck mode

All suggestions and feature requests to improve wagic.
Sub forums Card Coding & Parser ,Game Mode ,Deck Editor
Risewild

Sealed Deck mode

Post by Risewild »

I love the good old Microprose Magic the Gathering pc game and after so many years I still find myself sometimes wanting to play it for it's sealed deck mode :P .
So I thought if it would be possible to make a game Mode or Story somehow that would allow the player to play a sealed deck tournament. That old MTG game was quite sneaky since it would allow the player to make a deck out of the cards he/she would get but it would have pre-made decks for the opponents, I don't know anything about coding or programing so I apologize if what I ask is stupid or something :oops: .
I do think that for someone to be able to do that it would require a lot of time and work (if it is even possible) so I have the feeling I will never be able to play a sealed deck game on wagic :P , but I was always curious if it was even possible to do it in wagic so I finally asked :lol: .
jwilkes99999

Re: Sealed Deck mode

Post by jwilkes99999 »

I can see how it would be coded but it would be a pain. You'd have to use the booster packs that are already in the shop, and load a temporary profile. Then give that profile a certain number of booster packs added to their collection along with 20-30 land of each basic type. Then force the player into the deck building screen and not let them leave until their deck contains at least 40 cards. Then instantly put them into a match with a random opponent (I'm guessing the opponent could be created with the Random 1/2 color code). Then when the match is over delete the profile. If you want something similar at the moment Random 1/2 color will the closest thing I imagine.
brederic

Re: Sealed Deck mode

Post by brederic »

This is how I do sealed deck:

1) Sell all my cards of the sets I want to do sealed on. For instance, I just did a Scars of Mirrodin block sealed deck . I had just unlocked and didn't have any cards from those sets yet. So that made it easy
2) Purchase the boosters in the shop. For example, I bought 2 SOM, 2 MBS and 2 NPH
3) Create a new deck and filter your cards to the sets for your sealed deck event. There should be 90 cards available.
4) Build your deck
5) Have fun playing your sealed deck against the AI decks!

I keep track of my sealed deck winning % against each AI deck. The first round of the tournament is against myself (Evil Twin Mode). Then 3 random AI matchups. Then four matches against the four AI decks I lose against the most.

Lots of fun. Now if I could just figure out how to do draft!