Wishlist for Wagic 0.11.1

All suggestions and feature requests to improve wagic.
Sub forums Card Coding & Parser ,Game Mode ,Deck Editor
Monarka

Re: Wishlist for Wagic 0.11.1

Post by Monarka »

What do you think guys about making "mixed" packs, I mean, sometimes, when u have unlockes 10+ sets, it´s realy hard to find exactly the card that you need (and then hope u have enought credits for purching it). So what if there be this mixed packs, maybe collor oriented (red/blue/green...packs), or make "core set packs" from expansions with less than 100 cards, or tribal packs (elves, goblins, etc...), or aniything else that you think that can work.

Also, sometimes in random deck mode, the lands that randomly CPU gives me are "uncompatible" with the deck i'm playing, it's possible to make some filters to stop this? (i imagine that this might be imposible...but i dont know nothing about codding so thats why i ask :P )
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

Monarka wrote:What do you think guys about making "mixed" packs, I mean, sometimes, when u have unlockes 10+ sets, it´s realy hard to find exactly the card that you need (and then hope u have enought credits for purching it). So what if there be this mixed packs, maybe collor oriented (red/blue/green...packs), or make "core set packs" from expansions with less than 100 cards, or tribal packs (elves, goblins, etc...), or aniything else that you think that can work.
Jeck already implemented this. In the next release, you'll see mixed boosters (with cards from two sets). The code is very flexible and also supports things like "elf boosters", "red boosters" etc. (I don't know whether these will appear in the shop though).
Monarka wrote:Also, sometimes in random deck mode, the lands that randomly CPU gives me are "uncompatible" with the deck i'm playing, it's possible to make some filters to stop this? (i imagine that this might be imposible...but i dont know nothing about codding so thats why i ask :P )
This should only appear for non-basic lands. Jeck coded a "mana ability" filter for the deck editor, so it might be relatively easy to re-use that when building random decks ... this won't make it into the next release though.
Monarka

Post by Monarka »

Also, what about an "all random mode": as if it where random 1/2 but with lands that give mana of any collor, and the decks totaly random ^^
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

that would be unplayable without a few extra rules, especially for the AI. Our AI contests have shown that the AI is extremely inefficient with more than 2 colors
Crodley

Post by Crodley »

Just some small things I'm noticing in the SVN version.

When playing a game, there is a wooden looking "drawer" on the right that shows the cards in your hand. I know you can move it back and forth off the screen to the right, but can we crop it off on the bottom just enough to be able to see your health while it's in view?

If this wasn't clear, let me know, I'll post a picture of what I mean.

Also, in the store there is a count of cards you already own, but when you buy some more and it sells out, the words "Sold out" replace how many you own. Is it possible to have both "Sold out" and card count on screen at the same time?

Thanks for your time. :)
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Crodley wrote:Just some small things I'm noticing in the SVN version.

When playing a game, there is a wooden looking "drawer" on the right that shows the cards in your hand. I know you can move it back and forth off the screen to the right, but can we crop it off on the bottom just enough to be able to see your health while it's in view?
Yeah that a small flaw in the design... right now I suggest you switch your theme to "classic" in the options.
Or you can replace the wooden texture with the one from the "classic" theme
Crodley

Post by Crodley »

wololo wrote: Yeah that a small flaw in the design... right now I suggest you switch your theme to "classic" in the options.
Or you can replace the wooden texture with the one from the "classic" theme
Ahh cool, thanks for the workaround
kaioshin

Post by kaioshin »

Hey, I toyed a bit with the SVN "becomes" ability. I know you already found some cards that still aren't working (Spiritmonger, *sniff*). Anyway, is there a way to do Vhati il-Dal?

I often used this card in my decks. Pretty cool ability. However, it seems to be impossible to just change the power or the toughness, you can only change both. So is there a way to *save* a creatures power, then change power/toughness and change the power to the old value again? The same for toughness. Maybe it would be easier, if "becomes" could change one of them without touching the other. Dunno, how hard to code that would be ;). So I'm asking here, if there's some way to do it.

Cheers!
Crodley

Post by Crodley »

Hi all,

I like the way the new version has the prices of the cards going up for each purchase. One thing I do to "cheat" is to make a deck that is near unbeatable vs another deck. (like a deck that destroys islands vs the Deep Blue deck) and just play those two decks over and over to build up a war chest.

To avoid me and others from doing that, maybe you could have a win vs the same deck giving diminishing payoffs. Like, 400 credits for the first 5 wins, 300 credits for the next 5 wins, 100 credits for the next 20 wins and so on. That would force people to make new decks to compete vs other decks...just an idea.

Another idea (that may be too hard to do) is to have the filter system in the store be earned piece by piece. For example, when you play the game for the first time you could only sort the filter by "Color". After a few wins you "unlock" sorting by "Set". A few more wins you "unlock" sorting by "Type", and so on.
Crodley

Post by Crodley »

Another suggestion; When you switch from the cards on the table to the cards in your hand, I'd like to have the focus in your hand go to the card whose casting cost is equal to the amount of mana in the mana pool.

For example.

In my hand of 7 cards, I have a Suntail Hawk (which cost 1 mana to cast)

And I have one plain in play. I tap the land (putting one mana in the mana pool) then hit my Left trigger button on my joystick (which puts the focus on the cards in my hand) and I'd like to game to automatically put the focus on the card that costs 1 mana to cast, in this case, the Suntail.

Does that make sense?

And yes, it should be a small priority. :)