General AI behaviour

Everything related to wagic does not fall in other forum. If you don't know where to post, post here. Your topic will be moved to the correct section.
oklahamas

General AI behaviour

Post by oklahamas »

First of all, I just restart gaetting interest in Magic, my last game with an actul human opponent was in the mid 90's... You can imagine the shock when I discovered the number of cards there is out there!

Since my budget is very limited and my fun was always to build decks, I got a cheap copy of an old Magic PC game, but the cards, even tough a lot were new to me, are very dated and there seems to have a lot of new and very interesting mechanism!

So I start looking on the net for a way to play Magic at a very low cost and I discovered Wagic. Let's just say that this program is awsome and of great quality. I want to thank all the developpers for their hard work.

Now, I know programming AI is no simple task. Still, I've been playing Wagic and I did perceive a lack of agressivness from the AI or a lack to sacrifice a creature even tough he outnumbers me with creature and got good probability of kilingl me the next turn. I observe that with the Alliance deck, where he can even gain life with is lifelink creture even tough I might kill it if I decide to block it (killing my creatur ein the process too). He might miss 2-3 turns like this, meaning in the end he could have kiled me during that time even tough it ment losing creatures.

The AI seems to go for the sure kill and doesn't take chances, that is my perception.

Is it possible to include a probability behaviour? I didn't check the code, so the AI might already been program this way.

That is my 2 cents

thanks again for the great work.
janimani

Re: General AI behaviour

Post by janimani »

oklahamas wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:07 am First of all, I just restart gaetting interest in Magic, my last game with an actul human opponent was in the mid 90's... You can imagine the shock when I discovered the number of cards there is out there!

Since my budget is very limited and my fun was always to build decks, I got a cheap copy of an old Magic PC game, but the cards, even tough a lot were new to me, are very dated and there seems to have a lot of new and very interesting mechanism!

So I start looking on the net for a way to play Magic at a very low cost and I discovered Wagic. Let's just say that this program is awsome and of great quality. I want to thank all the developpers for their hard work.

Now, I know programming AI is no simple task. Still, I've been playing Wagic and I did perceive a lack of agressivness from the AI or a lack to sacrifice a creature even tough he outnumbers me with creature and got good probability of kilingl me the next turn. I observe that with the Alliance deck, where he can even gain life with is lifelink creture even tough I might kill it if I decide to block it (killing my creatur ein the process too). He might miss 2-3 turns like this, meaning in the end he could have kiled me during that time even tough it ment losing creatures.

The AI seems to go for the sure kill and doesn't take chances, that is my perception.

Is it possible to include a probability behaviour? I didn't check the code, so the AI might already been program this way.

That is my 2 cents

thanks again for the great work.
watch all spanish daramas here in HD quality
https://telenovelas.one/