4shared used as DL platform - Why?

Everything related to wagic does not fall in other forum. If you don't know where to post, post here. Your topic will be moved to the correct section.
Bas

4shared used as DL platform - Why?

Post by Bas »

It asks me to download by getting permissions on my facebook.

Also, not everyone uses social media.

And 3rd, I tried to get downloads without connecting FB to 4shared, this resulted in that was I was prompted to save dubious exe files, some naming after the download files (such as RTR.exe for the RTR.zip image set), others simply calling themselves setup.exe, which might be viruses or adwares. Probably were coming from advertising sites, but seriously, this is no excuse.
To summarize this point; I think using 4shared is a medium security risk and should be avoided.
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Zethfox

Re: 4shared used as DL platform - Why?

Post by Zethfox »

This is in the hands of the community, for legal reason the dev team is not allowed to do it themselves, when you see a purple name with links, theyre gosted by a community member. We just list the link they posted.
Bas

Post by Bas »

I am just questioning the users about it. I just can't stand using or hosting on such a plattform.
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

I agree, any platform that has 17 "download" buttons ans has users play a "download minesweeper" is trash. Though i wont lie, ive gotten quite a few pathfinder and d&d manuals from there.