[FAQ] Why can't I find all set in the shop ? How to unlock ?

Need help installing/playing Wagic? Post here
lenea

[FAQ] Why can't I find all set in the shop ? How to unlock ?

Post by lenea »

hey, i've been playing around with wagic on my psp for a couple of weeks now. Thing is, i only unlocked around 3 or 4 sets, and i almost have all cards from those sets, why won't more sets unlock?

[EDIT ABRA : Renamed & Moved]

All sets are available in wagic but you Need to unlock them first by winning game against the AI.

Once a set is unlocked you will be able to purchase it in the shop and to browse it in the trophy room.

wololo
Site Admin

Re: help with card sets

Post by wololo »

Sets should unlock progressively as you win against the AI. There's a part of randomness, but if you've only unlocked 3 or 4 of them, you still have more than 50% chance to unlock another set each time you win.

The probability to unlock a set when you win a game is (Total Sets-unlocked sets)/Total sets

Some sets don't have booster packs, so that could also be why you think they haven't been unlocked...
mnguyen

can't get Eldrazi cards to show up in game

Post by mnguyen »

Hi all,
I've downloaded the latest source and image sets from SVN and the forums. I've compiled the game as per instructions on the Miki. No matter how many times I recompile/clean/update, I can't seem to get the latest expansion to appear on the shop list. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Michael

From what I can tell from other people's posts I've done everything correctly. Is there maybe something not in the Miki instructions that is generally known that I am not doing?

Thanks again!
wololo
Site Admin

Re: can't get Eldrazi cards to show up in game

Post by wololo »

Did you unlock the set by playing ?
mnguyen

Post by mnguyen »

oh. i thought that was automatically unlocked.. what do I need to do to unlock it then?

on that thought, How would I get custom sets to appear if I wanted to test them?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

There are 3 ways to unlock sets. 1 is the regular way, the others are for cheaters/developers/set coders :

For players:
1) Win games against the computer. This will randomly unlock some sets. The more you play, the more chances for you to unlock sets. Easy :)

For Cheaters:
2) There's a cheat mode in Wagic to unlock all sets and add 4 of each card to your collection. It involves creating a profile with a special name but I keep forgetting it. looking through the source code could help you find it, otherwise you can ask abrasax.

For developers:
3) Edit the settings files for your profile with notepad (a file in Res/settings or Res/player or Res/[profile]/... I never remember). It shouldn't be difficult to figure it out based on the contents of the file.

Hope this helps :)