Installation issue(I have made a lot effort to find solution

Need help installing/playing Wagic? Post here
Poetry4anarchy

Installation issue(I have made a lot effort to find solution

Post by Poetry4anarchy »

I dl the Android app,I open it and it dloads files at startup,no prob...I get to the main menu,click on 1 of the options and it will crash..I then try opening again and it opens/crashes without it getting as far as initial setup. I re-downloaded several times and changed where it installs,internal/sdcard etc..to no avail. Appreciate you guys looking out because I know there has been enough posts on this topic..
kevlahnota

Re: Installation issue(I have made a lot effort to find solu

Post by kevlahnota »

If you have Wagic-core.zip you can install manually, on your internal sd, go to /Wagic/Res folder and paste Wagic-core.zip, it should work
i-am-not-one

Post by i-am-not-one »

I would suggest try following this
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=66332&p=98132#p98132

Sorry but you did not tell us all the effort you went to so far. So I don't really know where you are up to.

It sounds like it is installing, from what you told us, so it could be a device issue but you neglected to mention a device.

Let us know if you manage to have any luck.
Poetry4anarchy

Post by Poetry4anarchy »

Whew..I typed up reply..and deleted it on accident.. ... ... So I'll give more thorough reply later when have time. ZTE z812 Maven which is a good phone for being..' budget model' it has decent specs,runs psx/nds ROMs etc...I know that doesnt matter much as this is completely different. I've tried deleting those 2 music files as well. I'm also pretty positive I've removed any trace before installing it again. Does it strictly have to be installed on 'internal'? I've tried either btw. Well thanks for the timely replies guys..check out those topics in a bit.
i-am-not-one

Post by i-am-not-one »

I have only ever tried it on Android 4.4

Yours has Android 5.1 (Not sure if it is supported) That won't do Yabause will it? No Saturn for you.

Maven has Snapdragon which is 32 bit so it won't do Dolphin, no gamecube/wii ;(

Back to Wagic.
I only installed on internal, downloading core files after installation or installing the wagic_core.zip into the directory(As Kev said above) both worked for me.

If you are getting to the main menu I would suggest that it is installing correctly. After that is the problem...
Poetry4anarchy

Post by Poetry4anarchy »

Woe...woe..WOE I say! ! Ha..typical,I've had a frustrating few days,this was just a 'lil icing. I was pretty excited about trying this,I can tell a fair amount of 'love' was put into this,key ingredient for any quality endeaver lol ;) I just have to find something else to get on my nerves now,besides this and..my daughter's mother..*shiver* .. and I also enjoyed the comment you made about not being able to run Dolphin,as that was on the agenda at some point..I sort of figured as much anyway,that's why I hadn't bothered yet,thanks for the reality check,sir! ;) Ha...other than that,how does Forge and any other alternatives fare? Appreciate the suggestions..
EDIT/P.S: Another odd thing is that when I install the apk,it won't even show up in internal/file manager,and search brings no results-yet the Wagic icon is in the app/catalog like it should be,so I open,then exit out because I don't want it to do the core-file itself..then the Wagic folder shows up in file manager-so what I'm getting at is I can't manually put core.zip in Res folder until after I initiate the app proper. I'm not sure if you can make sense of that..:p