Android - card images not showing up

Need help installing/playing Wagic? Post here
quadvirgo

Android - card images not showing up

Post by quadvirgo »

I realize this has been asked before; I searched the forums before starting this topic. Unfortunately, I'm still at a loss as to why the card images are not showing up on my Android device.

I have made sure that all of the images have zero compression. The app installed correctly. I played the tutorial game and the file folders showed up in ES Explorer afterwards. I've tried placing the images under the following, and they just aren't showing up:

Wagic -> Res -> Sets -> image files in folders, in stored zips
Wagic -> User -> Sets -> image files in folders, in stored zips
Wagic -> User -> image files in folders, in stored zips

The only thing I haven't tried is unzipping the core_186.zip and placing the images inside the Res/Sets folders and then re-zipping because I did not want to mess around with the core file.

Does anyone have any suggestions, help, or advice on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
kevlahnota

Re: Android - card images not showing up

Post by kevlahnota »

quadvirgo wrote:I realize this has been asked before; I searched the forums before starting this topic. Unfortunately, I'm still at a loss as to why the card images are not showing up on my Android device.

I have made sure that all of the images have zero compression. The app installed correctly. I played the tutorial game and the file folders showed up in ES Explorer afterwards. I've tried placing the images under the following, and they just aren't showing up:

Wagic -> Res -> Sets -> image files in folders, in stored zips
Wagic -> User -> Sets -> image files in folders, in stored zips
Wagic -> User -> image files in folders, in stored zips

The only thing I haven't tried is unzipping the core_186.zip and placing the images inside the Res/Sets folders and then re-zipping because I did not want to mess around with the core file.

Does anyone have any suggestions, help, or advice on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Try installing the latest master. Download here:
https://github.com/WagicProject/wagic/releases

or try my private Android Build here:
https://mega.nz/#!Ms4DQLQB!R4BNOiCIMmTa ... dxsU99i2vc

After installing, navigate to Wagic/Res and paste the images.zip. you can download my optimized android images here(up to M15):
https://mega.nz/#!F5g2SQDa!SkogulI9jUYu ... rIhn74pQsw
quadvirgo

Post by quadvirgo »

Hello,

Thank you so much for the assist.

I tried your Android Build first, but got an error after installing when I tried to bring up the game:

"An error happened whie downloading the resources. It could be that our server is temporarily down, that your device is not connected to a network, or that we cannot write to /storage/emulated/0/Wagic/Res/. Please check your phone settings and try again. For more help please go to http://wagic.net "

The latest master worked great! My old image files worked perfectly! They are optimized for PSP, so I tried your images.zip next.

I couldn't get it to work, no matter where I placed the zip file. After unzipping it, I saw that files were in a "sets" folder inside the zip. I rezipped them in individual folders and tried again, placing them inside the Wagic/Res/sets folder and they worked - and looked - fantastic! YES!

My old decks transfered over as well.

I am relearning the controls. It's weird using the turn-order wheel for the phases. I wish there was a slower way to choose decks, though. The options scroll very quickly.

The only problem I've found is the game freezes when you try to access the control/buttons option; but since I don't have a controller, I can easily avoid using the option.

Thank you again for your help! It's so great to finally be able to play Wagic again!
charlestrevino

Post by charlestrevino »

Thank you for sharing I am also having a big problem in unpacking, I did it wrong but fortunately I found your post 2 player games. Wagic replay is a great thing. I will also share with a few of my friends who also have this problem.
fhrerty

Post by fhrerty »

You're welcome for sharing. I made a terrible mistake when I tried to unpack and am having a lot of trouble. Fortunately, I came to your post about two-player games. Wagic replay is a fantastic idea. Additionally, I'll tell a handful of my friends who also struggle with this issue. drift boss