[FAQ] Images don't display

Need help installing/playing Wagic? Post here
DrLitebur

[FAQ] Images don't display

Post by DrLitebur »

Hi,
I can't see cards images in-game why ?
First of all you need to download the cards images, those are not included in the original release of wagic.

Then you must activate the image in the option menu. In game you can switch between viewing images and/or template by pressing "triangle".

Images must be placed in your WTH/RES/SETS/*SET_NAME* folder where *SET_NAME* is the name of the set you want to have the image for. For example "10E" images need to be placed in WTH/RES/SETS/10E/

Images needs to be named the same as the ID in the _cards.dat file of the SET. The _cards.dat file can be openned with a text editor if you want to check, you will see that each card has a name and an ID, the card ID need to match with the name of the image file.

Images for the PSP needs to be 200*285 px and must be ending with ".jpg", images with ".JPG" are sometime not shown correctly on the PSP.

With the images comes also a thumbnails, these are 45*64 px for the PSP and need to be placed in the thumbnails folder.

Both images and thumbnails can be placed in a "zip" file, this needs to be in zip format (wagic does not support rar or anything else as zip) and needs to be zipped with "zero compression" or with the "store" method. If you are having problem diplaying images in a zip file you should check that the ID are correct and that the images are stored with "zero compression".

If you have an officialy supported set, then please download images from the "all images" topic.

If you have a custom set you should check that the ID of the card is matching the images name before reporting any issue. If you have any issue with a given custom set, please post in the corresponding topic.

Also note that Wagic does not support all cards, if you cannot find a given card then it probably means it's because the card is not included in the game, not because of a missing card image.

Token and images are released by the author of the package you downloaded, if you have an issue with a specific card not showing in the game do not post in this post, reply directly to the author of the package you downloaded.

EDIT ABRA : I used this topic to make a sticky because it was the oldest one related to card images. The original questions from DrLitlebur was regarding the content of zip files when this feature was first introduce.
leungclj

Re: Image files in zip format

Post by leungclj »

????????????????????????????????????????????????????
DrLitebur

Post by DrLitebur »

I see what you are saying, but do I have the thumbnails in the zip file as well, or just the image files? I tried with the thumbnails and the image files (thumbnails in it's own folder) and then named the zip file the set name (In this case, LEG), and got nothing. Hence my confusion. I am usually pretty computer savvy, so I am just wanting to know the right format.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

the image at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=334&p=2437#p2435 shows you the internals of the zip file in a picture.
It should be in the form:
Res/sets/LEG/LEG.zip/1234.jpg
Res/sets/LEG/LEG.zip/thumbnails/1234.jpg

if you still have issues, upload your zip somewhere and I'll have a look ;)
DrLitebur

Post by DrLitebur »

Problem may have been on my end. I was using the Winrar Wizard to do the work for me, and, well...wasn;t noticing it was making them into .rar files, instead of .zip files. That little oversight may have been my problem. I am working on doing all my card sets into .zip files, and we'll see how it goes. Will update when I got it all done and uploaded.

EDIT

Yeah, it was me...stupid .rars instead of .zip files. Braindead, thinking that everything would work easily. I got them all done, save for 9th edition. Everything else is done, zipped up and working on my psp in 0.7.1. Thanks a million for this great project.

BTW, I have not seen any bugs myself yet.
flad_nag

Zip Files in SET folder

Post by flad_nag »

Just want to know if the two directory format are both recognizable by wagic?

#1: \PSP\GAME\WTH\Res\sets\ALA\ALA.zip\(jpg files here and thumbnail folder)

#2: \PSP\GAME\WTH\Res\sets\ALA\ALA.zip\ALA\(jpg files here and thumbnail folder)
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Zip Files in SET folder

Post by wololo »

Version #1 is the correct one
Nelorio12

How to put pictures on cards? Help :(

Post by Nelorio12 »

I have made my own expansion of saviors with 10 cards in it and I know how to put those cards instantly into my collection which would be helpful for testing the cards.

The Problem is all cards are there but the picture did not appear. Here is what I have done step by step
*I have created a folder SOK
*I made a copy of _cards.dat and open it on notepad
*I made a card and it worked ex. id=1000000
*I created SOK.zip with the contents 1000000.jpg thumnails >>> 1000000.jpg (with the right dimensions)
*SOK.zip is right below _card.dat

I tried copying other set pics example 10E.zip and it's _card.dat on how it is done...it's identical but not working

Any tutorial? Help wagic people... :(
wololo
Site Admin

Re: How to put pictures on cards? Help :(

Post by wololo »

that's thumbnails
Other than that It should work...
make sure your zip is actually a zip file and not some other compression format such as rar or 7z...
Nelorio12

Re: How to put pictures on cards? Help :(

Post by Nelorio12 »

oh man... what other zip? I think I just compressed the file with a zip name...
Another question:

*Supposedly I have a Folder named "SOK" with the right picture contents inside and right next to it is the _card.dat
*What's the next thing I should do to put the picture in the cards?
*right click the folder then click add to archive or compress to zip? not sure what to do...