[FAQ] Wagic's Folder structure - how to add cards, images...

Need help installing/playing Wagic? Post here
shi

Re: [FAQ] Wagic's Folder structure - how to add cards, image

Post by shi »

i-am-not-one wrote:I think you are a bit confused about a couple of things.

I will try to simplify but without leaving anything out. Some things you may be aware of so try to stick with me through the boring bits.

First there are cards. Wagic has the rules for each card in a text file called primitives.txt

Next there are sets made up of many cards. The cards for a set are stored in a .dat file

Zendikar is a set. It is stored in ZEN.dat

Zendikar is already part of Wagic but it starts off as a locked set.

5th edition is the only unlocked set to begin. You can see it in the trophy room.

Next there are decks which contain your 60 or so cards.
These are saved as deck1.txt...deck###.txt there cannot be gaps
These are usually stored in USER/player/
You can create your own deck and put it in there and play it. Due to the beautiful open source nature of Wagic, you don't even have to unlocked the set you want to use cards from. (but beware you cannot edit them in deck editor if you have not bought the card in Wagic)

For an example of how to format your deck##.txt file look at AI/BAKA/
deck1.txt has an example of the old style using the gatherer ids
deck37.txt has an example of the new style using the names it even has a Zendikar card

Kabira Crossroads (ZEN) * 2

(Also some cards are not in Wagic so if you make your deck and are a few cards short. Check the spelling and also check that the card is in Wagic.)

i forgot to mention that if you are in deck editor you should press the start button(or windows/iOS/Android equivalent) to bring up the save menu.
im sory i wasnt quite clear i wanted to add battle for zendikar to my wagic game but im not sure how to do it, im sorry for the confusion
"Take away a man's light, his clothes, his food, his friends, his air, and you leave him with nothing but himself. And for most that is not pleasant company."

~RT
i-am-not-one

Post by i-am-not-one »

From the first page of the battle for zendikar page copy the _cards.dat into a text file named (surprisingly) :D _cards.dat

put this file in USER/sets/BFZ/_cards.dat

Next
from the first page of the battle for zendikar thread copy the primitives.txt (both parts) into a file called BFZ.txt

place this file in USER/sets/primitives/BFZ.txt

in your OPTIONS.TXT file
found in USER/player/options.txt

place this line
unlocked_BFZ=2015/11/27@4:41 V

There should be some other lines like this in there.

You should be ready to make some decks.
shi

Post by shi »

i-am-not-one wrote:From the first page of the battle for zendikar page copy the _cards.dat into a text file named (surprisingly) :D _cards.dat

put this file in USER/sets/BFZ/_cards.dat

Next
from the first page of the battle for zendikar thread copy the primitives.txt (both parts) into a file called BFZ.txt

place this file in USER/sets/primitives/BFZ.txt

in your OPTIONS.TXT file
found in USER/player/options.txt

place this line
unlocked_BFZ=2015/11/27@4:41 V

There should be some other lines like this in there.

You should be ready to make some decks.

i followed your instructions to the letter, and nothing happened i must have done something wrongg with the text files can you look and tell me what?
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

"Take away a man's light, his clothes, his food, his friends, his air, and you leave him with nothing but himself. And for most that is not pleasant company."

~RT
i-am-not-one

Post by i-am-not-one »

You might have found it already but i noticed you named it BFZ.dat instead of BFZ.txt

Might be the problem?

Also I just looked inside the BFZ file and it looks suspiciously like it contains dat file information instead of the primitives code.

Look below the dat section on the BFZ thread and you will see there are 2 primitives sections.

Copy them both into the BFZ.txt and put that in USER/SETS/primitives/BFZ.txt
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Quick note that messes me up getting this system working and how to avoid:
If you create a zip called "sets" and inside that zip is a real folder called "sets" you need to make sure the folder after openning ends up in the same number of steps. Meaning

Res < zip containing folder which contains "sets" goes here
|
Sets....graphics...music...ect mid layer folders
|
Folders inside sets...

So when the game opens sets.zip...inside at the mid layers folder level it will find "sets".

So after trying over and over, make sure to check at what level you will be required to put it.