Text too large; menu lag

Need help installing/playing Wagic? Post here
quadvirgo

Text too large; menu lag

Post by quadvirgo »

I just installed WTH version 18.6, and I'm having some weird issues.

The menu text is extremely large, taking up almost 1/4th of the screen (normally takes up about 1/7th), easilly 300% to 400% times larger than the original font size.

I'm also experiencing incredible lag while scrolling through deck lists in the play game section. The swirling light on each menu item is especially laggy, but even moving the cursor up & down requires patience.

Is there something I'm missing? Did I install the game incorrectly?

Here are the steps I took:

1) placed the Res folder, eboot, and exception files into a folder named WTH within PSP\GAME
2) added custom images to the folder: PSP\GAME\WTH\User\sets
3) created a new profile, changed the volume settings for music & sfx; made the end of opponent's turn interruptable
4) saved & exited the options menu, played the game

Absolutely nothing else was changed from the original downloaded files.

Is the larger text default?
Is there any way to change the font size back to the original by editing a file or two?
Is my images file too large and thus creating menu lag? (it's over 760MB)

Just in case it's important: I'm using a PSP 2001 with OFW; I've been too afraid of bricking my PSP to install CFW.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
Zethfox

Re: Text too large; menu lag

Post by Zethfox »

are you running a build made from the current svn or the release build from the website?
if its from the svn, make sure you take unmodified versions of simon.png and .dat font and f3.png and .dat font from the zip and rename them "pspf3" and "pspsimon" there are changes to current svn that increases font sizes for all systems but psp.
quadvirgo

Post by quadvirgo »

The file I'm using is from the website, Wololo . net / downloads (the first downloadable link, for the PSP).

Even though I'm not using the file from the svn, should I go ahead and change the names of the files? Also, which files? I found 2 sets of simon.png & .dat and f3.png and .dat.
One is in Classic and the other in Themes.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

there might have just been a problem with your install. the name change only applies with the svn built version.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

quadvirgo wrote:I just installed WTH version 18.6, and I'm having some weird issues.

The menu text is extremely large, taking up almost 1/4th of the screen (normally takes up about 1/7th), easilly 300% to 400% times larger than the original font size.
This might have been intentional in 0.18.6 (can't remember on top of my head) because we were trying to make the menu bigger for touch screens. Unless this makes the game unplayable I would try to ignore it.
I'm also experiencing incredible lag while scrolling through deck lists in the play game section. The swirling light on each menu item is especially laggy, but even moving the cursor up & down requires patience.
This happens on rare occasions because of a bug, restarting the game should fix it in general. If that's not the case, try to remove the images from your install and see if it helps. If it does, is it possible you are using big images and no thumbnails (where did you get the images?)?
Just in case it's important: I'm using a PSP 2001 with OFW; I've been too afraid of bricking my PSP to install CFW.
Yes, this is important. A psp on ofw has 32MB of Ram, while a psp on CFW has 64MB of ram. This is a huge difference (it basically means the CFW version is able to display about 50 to 100 cards more than the OFW version before having to flush its cache)