[FAQ] How to unlock the cheat mode ?

Need help installing/playing Wagic? Post here
almosthumane

Re: unlocking the cheat

Post by almosthumane »

I would like to leave another suggestion on this one.

One of the thing Wagic fails a bit in on the difficulty curve. For someone who is starting the game it's too hard and encourages the cheats.
An interisting read on this is the following:
http://www.jenovachen.com/flowingames/F ... _final.pdf

I believe this would be easily solve with 2 simple measures:

1. Difficulty options shouldn't be unlockable. Specially economic difficulty should be something you can set from the beginning;
2. More weak pre-made decks that could be the "base deck" offered to the player, instead of the "random starter deck" that is available at the moment.

I believe that with those much less people would be interested in the "unlock code", though that's a really great testing feature.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

we've had lot's of discussions regarding the difficulty and we pretty much reached the same conclusion as you. Another important thing would be to only have weak opponents at the beginning of the game, and "unlock" more difficult ones as you win games.
almosthumane

Post by almosthumane »

wololo wrote:we've had lot's of discussions regarding the difficulty and we pretty much reached the same conclusion as you. Another important thing would be to only have weak opponents at the beginning of the game, and "unlock" more difficult ones as you win games.
:) One weak opponent might be a bit to few, but the part of unlocking opponents would be great. I believe that it would give a lot of work linking that to the shop tasks, but if it's doable why not?
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Yes,

As wololo said we had a lot of discussion about this one, I suggest you look at the following : http://code.google.com/p/wagic/wiki/FeatureGameMode

I don't want to spoil everything, so if you carefully look at the code you will notice that something mentioned in the link above has already been added to the code, even if it is still no fully fonctional, and removing some "comments" line should allow you to test this specific GameMode, this should also allow in future to have a better difficulty Curve...

Enjoy,

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
almosthumane

Post by almosthumane »

abrasax wrote:Yes,

As wololo said we had a lot of discussion about this one, I suggest you look at the following : http://code.google.com/p/wagic/wiki/FeatureGameMode
I had already seen the last one and tested it. Locks really promissing and I wouldn't mind converting artwork to fit those html.
About the custom rules, there is already a in use in the last release.
But I can't understand how that modes relates with what I've sugested. Anyway, those sugestion where already being worked on.
pyza69

how unlock??

Post by pyza69 »

hi!
can you guys tell me how to unlock the cheat and unlocking all the cards on the game??

thx
Gilfanon

Re: how unlock??

Post by Gilfanon »

Hi Guys, i recently found this game and i think this is one or maybe the best deck test suite, but you know, farming 1000 game to get credit is a bit annoying especially for someone with not much spare time like me. well all of this just to ask a pm with the "how to" for cheat mode. thx in advance!
Daddy32

Post by Daddy32 »

Well, there are partial solutions without resorting to cheating:
fulfilling the shopkeeper's task makes the credits gaining faster, plus you can set 'Economic difficulty' to easy, once you unlock it - makes the cards much cheaper (perhaps even too much).
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Hi Guys, i recently found this game and i think this is one or maybe the best deck test suite, but you know, farming 1000 game to get credit is a bit annoying especially for someone with not much spare time like me. well all of this just to ask a pm with the "how to" for cheat mode. thx in advance!
Check your PM,

If you want more credit and want to cheat you can also open a certain ".dat" file in notepad within your setting or player profile... you will see just a number, that's your total credit...

Grüssi

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
swordfish815508

Post by swordfish815508 »

could i also get the "how to" thx :mrgreen: