[FAQ] Why can't I find all cards of a set ?

Need help installing/playing Wagic? Post here
wololo
Site Admin

[FAQ] Why can't I find all cards of a set ?

Post by wololo »

Wagic does not support all MTG Cards. Most of the time, this explains why you cannot find a given card in your game.
However it is possible that the card is somewhere, and you're not just used to Wagic enough to understand how to find it

In Wagic, you need to unlock sets and buy cards before you can use them in your decks
Wagic is a game with lots of stuff to unlock. As you play, you unlock more cards, earn more credits. You can check in the "trophies" Room if the set you are looking for has been unlocked, and see if the card you want is in there. If the card is there, you need to buy it in the "Shop" before being able to add it to a deck in the "Deck Editor"

Wagic's grade system can hide/reveal some cards
Wagic has a "quality" system (the grade system) that allows people to play in good conditions. It allows us to support a wide variety of cards while guaranteeing that people who want to play only with cards that work "perfectly" will be satisfied. In other words, you can play with a limited pool of cards that work, or, if you're not too demanding on the quality, you can play with all cards (but some of them will be buggy).

Go to the "options" menu, in "Advanced", change the "card grade" value, save your options, and restart the game.

By default this value is set to "Borderline", it means Wagic usually allows you to play with supported cards (cards that work 100% of the time), and borderline cards (cards that work 99% of the time). you can set this value to crappy, unsupported... etc... unsupported is the last safe value you can set, it will allow you to play with most MTG Cards (more than 12'000 last time I checked in the SVN), but a good part of them will simply not work at all

I unlocked everything, and I set my grade to "unsupported", yet I don't see my favorite card
Make sure that you are running the latest SVN version, then file a ticket.

The following is obsolete:
Please read the Faq and the list of supported cards, thanks
http://wololo.net/wagic/faq/
http://wololo.net/miki/index.php/Wagic/SupportedCards

faq wrote: Does Wagic handle all “Magic The Gathering” cards?
No. Wagic does rules enforcement, so for some MTG cards, some code is necessary before you can play them in Wagic

Is there a list of cards I can use in Wagic?
The List of cards included in the latest Wagic release can be found here. For user-created sets, kindly ask the author. Alternatively, you can open the “_cards.dat” files in Res/sets/*/ with a text editor to see what cards are available for each set.

Can I create my own cards/Add some cards I like?

Yes, see this article

Can you add my favorite card to the game? I badly need it to reproduce my real life Deck in Wagic!
Donate and I’ll think about it. Otherwise if you know C++ you can add it yourself, we are always looking for skilled developers
wololo
Site Admin

Re: tidehollow sculler

Post by wololo »

(placeholder for future posts)
pyza69

To Abra

Post by pyza69 »

hallo
ist ein Weg zu entsperren alle Karten? "Ich finde keine dieser Karten: Mtenda Lion Rathi Dragon, Feuerschlag und vielen anderen Papieren vermisst.oder ist es eine Möglichkeit, die neue Anlage card_dat downloaden? meinem Computer nicht öffnen Sie dieses Programm als du mir sagtest svn.

grüßen
wololo
Site Admin

Re: To Abra

Post by wololo »

Hi pyza69. If you want to contact a specific member directly, please send them a PM.

Otherwise, please put an understandable title to your message, and avoid using any other language than English. If there is a need for a German subsection, we might discuss it, but for now the official language on this forum is English.
Other people might be willing to help you but can't because your title is very obscure and your question is impossible to understand for 95% of the users of the forum.

Also please read the newly introduced forum rules, thanks: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1437

Finally, assuming you're asking if there are missing cards, the answer is yes. See the list of cards available in Wagic:
http://wololo.net/miki/index.php/Wagic/SupportedCards
pyza69

Re: To Abra

Post by pyza69 »

hello
I wrote, in English, but I use google translator. give advice in order to missing cards were possible to unlock? like old card and to play them better than new ones.I would like to place a deck on the old card.a generally will do the trick card missing?
whether the new version wagic hombrew find the missing card.

greet
3imer

Why can't I find "Taunting elf" in UDS ?

Post by 3imer »

Hey,
i got the Edition UDS after winning a Game. In this Edition should be the taunting elf. I looked it up in the card.dat of UDS and Taunting Elf is there, but i can not buy the card in shop.
What do i wrong. Please help

greetz

[EDIT ABRA : Merged]
Dr.Solomat

Re: Taunting elf not UDS

Post by Dr.Solomat »

This card cannot be coded right now and thus you cannot buy it, play it, or anything else...
Sets Coded/Released: Legends, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Portal I & III, Urza's Saga BLOCK, Mercadian Masques, Invasion BLOCK, Mirrodin, Ravnica, Guildpact, Conflux, Alara Reborn
zambalas

Why can't I find all cards of a given set ?

Post by zambalas »

heloo guys!!at first thanks to wololo and all the people who makes this hombrew possible.
well, i instaled the latest version o n my psp slim, all works right but if i go to see the unloked sets i can see that for example in ALliance set only shows me 54 cards, and if I go thougth my pc to the archive in the psp folder cards.dat in "ALL" set i can see that there are a lot of cards that there arerent in the unlocked sets of the game.
anyone knows something about that?
for example, I can´t find the card "Force of will" or "Sengir Vampire" and the problem is not only in the "All"set. I have some of other set with 4 or 6 cards.

thanks so much
abrasax

Re: incomplete sets

Post by abrasax »

Hi Zambalas and welcome to the forum,

Like all new player to wagic you just discovered that wagic does not handle all possible cards of all sets.

I suggest you read the FAQ (http://wololo.net/wagic/faq/ ), it contains your answer:
Does Wagic handle all “Magic The Gathering” cards?
No. Wagic does rules enforcement, so for some MTG cards, some code is necessary before you can play them in Wagic

Is there a list of cards I can use in Wagic?
The List of cards included in the latest Wagic release can be found here ( http://wololo.net/miki/index.php/Wagic/SupportedCards ). For user-created sets, kindly ask the author. Alternatively, you can open the “_cards.dat” files in Res/sets/*/ with a text editor to see what cards are available for each set.
Please, for the next time, read the FAQ, read also the game manual, the wiki and use the search function before asking on the forum.

Enjoy,

Abra

PS: I will modify the title of your post to make it clearer.
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
zambalas

Re: incomplete sets

Post by zambalas »

Please, for the next time, read the FAQ, read also the game manual, the wiki and use the search function before asking on the forum.
thanks for the replay
i read the faq and the manual, but if i open the “_cards.dat” files in Res/sets/*/ with a text editor to see what cards are available for each set in alliances set, i can see the card balduvian horde but i i open the set from the game when i am playing i cant see a lot of cards that are in “_cards.dat” in Res/sets/*/