Random Crashes after matches

Need help installing/playing Wagic? Post here
Bob

Random Crashes after matches

Post by Bob »

Wagic sometimes crashes after duels - at the results screen (i.e. the screen which tells you if something's been unlocked or just 'you've been defeated'). Doesn't really matter in a single game as the results and unlocked features are remembered, but can be annoying in tournaments. I'm on the Windows version

Again, just pointing it out as a help. Just noticed a couple of my posts have been removed - one on some possible card bugs on 0.23, and another in my AI deck results thread. Not sure what I did wrong, but I guess if this one goes too, I'll get the message!
Vitty85

Re: Random Crashes after matches

Post by Vitty85 »

You did nothing wrong, just i thought it was a bot, sorry.

BTW i checked the card you said not working but they seem ok actually.

See you.

P. S.
Which are the decks creating crashes?
Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks for the reply.

This probably isn't very helpful, but there's no obvious pattern to the crashes. It seems to happen more often when I duel an AI deck for the second or third time - more rarely on the first occassion.

Today I played 15 duels and it happened against the AI Decks 'Bad Dreams' and 'Kai Buide 1999' (I'm using your full package version as the AI decks are more challenging).

The crashes always happen after the duel on the results screen (i.e. 'expansion unlocked' or 'you have been defeated'), and then the whole Wagic window closes. I then start Wagic up again, and the result is remembered - i.e. if I unlocked an expansion just before the crash, it stays unlocked. Like I say, it's no big deal for a single game, but annoying if it happens in the third match of a tournament!

If you like, I can record when it happens and post the results here once it's happened a few times more. Is there anything else you need to know other than the AI deck? Match type? Number of rounds?
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

Which theme are you using? Are you using my User folder? Are you playing with images?

I generally play with both windows and Android and I don’t have any crash at the end of game, so there should be something wrong with your folders I suppose.

I just uploaded new version on forum and on GitHub, try again with that package without changing anything and see if it’s crashing.

Let me know, see you.
Bob

Post by Bob »

The crashes happen with and without images.

They also happen with the default theme and the one in your full package.

I edited my Profile in order to unlock Momir, Random Deck and more AI decks - but the crashes happened before and after I did that.

All this time, I was using one player deck that I built with the starting cards and others I gradually purchased.

Originally, I downloaded the Core package. When the crashes started, I then downloaded your Full Package and imported my Profile into that, so that I could continue playing from where I left off. The crashes continued - so maybe you are right and it is something in my Profile files causing the problem? I haven't experienced any crashes using your Default Profile.

I also tried an experiment and created a new 60 card player deck in my Profile. So far that hasn't crashed at all in 30+ games. Before the crashes happened about once every 5-10 games. I then went back to the original deck and edited it down to 60 cards (from 65). So far (15 games) it hasn't crashed yet, but that could just be luck.

It is very strange.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Just to add - the 60 card deck things seems to be irrelevant. The game just crashed again at the results screen with the 60 card deck.

I will now try with the newest Wagic version you uploaded recently
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

I presume the problem is in your profile. Try to play with my original package and option file.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Yes, you must be right. It still crashes with my Profile folder in the newest version of Wagic. Using your package and option file is fine.
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

As i supposed.

You can try to make a diff between files and see what can be wrong with yours, or just use mine if is not a big problem for you.

See you!
Bob

Post by Bob »

Just to confirm after a few weeks of testing: no crashes using your profile. I haven't been able to replicate the problem in my profile, but since it doesn't happen with yours I'm guessing it's not not a big deal and won't affect anyone else using Wagic.