Wagic 0231 for PSP crashing on "loading primitives"

Need help installing/playing Wagic? Post here
deadman23px

Wagic 0231 for PSP crashing on "loading primitives"

Post by deadman23px »

Hi, I just downloaded the latest version of Wagic for the PSP, and it freezes on "loading primitives", eventially shutting the PSP down due to that. I tested the game straight out of the extracted folder without adding anything. It's worth noting that the Wagic version before this one didn't need Fast Recovery started to "unlock" the game, but this one does (I'm using 660 PRO-C Fast Recovery)

Can you help please? Thanks for keeping this project alive!
Bas

Re: Wagic 0231 for PSP crashing on "loading primitives"

Post by Bas »

TBH, i could only get previous versions with quite some bandaid-fixes working. If you got the option, I advise to play it on PSV or smartphone. It will likely only get even worse with time as more stuff is added, sadly.

Do you got a phone or PSV?
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

deadman23px wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:49 am Hi, I just downloaded the latest version of Wagic for the PSP, and it freezes on "loading primitives", eventually shutting the PSP down due to that. I tested the game straight out of the extracted folder without adding anything. It's worth noting that the Wagic version before this one didn't need Fast Recovery started to "unlock" the game, but this one does (I'm using 660 PRO-C Fast Recovery)

Hi,

The 0.23.1 version has more than 19800 primitives, so the 32Mb of RAM are absolutely insufficient.

Also, the 0.23.1 has a plenty of sets more (around 100 more) than the old version and also a lot of mechanism have been implemented that requires more RAM and CPU to be used (just think to Commander format which allocates two decks composed by 100 cards each one and uses a new game zone too).

At the moment i could be able to run the EBOOT only on a PSVita with Adrenaline emulator which can be set to allocate 333Mhz CPU and up to 64Mb of RAM (and in any case the RAM run out quite fast after couple of matches), so basically the PSP (and also the PPSSPP emu) cannot run all the new features of this game, sorry.

Probably sooner or later it could be even impossible to play the game on PSVita, who knows...

See you.
deadman23px

Post by deadman23px »

Bas wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:14 pm TBH, i could only get previous versions with quite some bandaid-fixes working. If you got the option, I advise to play it on PSV or smartphone. It will likely only get even worse with time as more stuff is added, sadly.

Do you got a phone or PSV?
I have a smartphone that will likely run the game, but I don't play games on it often, I'd rather do it on the PC or on the PSP. And I don't have a PSVita.

Thank you for the reply regardless!
deadman23px

Post by deadman23px »

Vitty85 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:47 am
deadman23px wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:49 am Hi, I just downloaded the latest version of Wagic for the PSP, and it freezes on "loading primitives", eventually shutting the PSP down due to that. I tested the game straight out of the extracted folder without adding anything. It's worth noting that the Wagic version before this one didn't need Fast Recovery started to "unlock" the game, but this one does (I'm using 660 PRO-C Fast Recovery)

Hi,

The 0.23.1 version has more than 19800 primitives, so the 32Mb of RAM are absolutely insufficient.

Also, the 0.23.1 has a plenty of sets more (around 100 more) than the old version and also a lot of mechanism have been implemented that requires more RAM and CPU to be used (just think to Commander format which allocates two decks composed by 100 cards each one and uses a new game zone too).

At the moment i could be able to run the EBOOT only on a PSVita with Adrenaline emulator which can be set to allocate 333Mhz CPU and up to 64Mb of RAM (and in any case the RAM run out quite fast after couple of matches), so basically the PSP (and also the PPSSPP emu) cannot run all the new features of this game, sorry.

Probably sooner or later it could be even impossible to play the game on PSVita, who knows...

See you.

That's a shame, thanks for explaining as well.

A friend of mine tried the new version on his gaming PC and had various bugs, even with 16GB of RAM, (freezes on the start of some matches, cards disappearing after being cast, and it crashing on multiplayer as well), so unfortunately we haven't been able to enjoy the latest version so far.

Thank you for your time!
Vitty85

Post by Vitty85 »

He is trying the PC version or PSP emulated version?

I’m currently play on PC windows and Android without that many problems. You should be more precise to explain the crashes or it’s impossible to fix them.

Probably it depends on which cards you are using, they can have some issues.

See you.
Bas

Post by Bas »

The chance for getting it working on PC are higher than for PSP for sure!

Also, nice to read you got someone IRL who plays Wagic as well....LOL!
Forums are down atm.

Please join the discord server in order to not miss stuff and be reachable:
https://discord.gg/JHK5pVaK5p

(You are not required to install the software, you can use it in a browser as well, albeit I recommend installing)
deadman23px

Post by deadman23px »

Vitty85 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:53 am He is trying the PC version or PSP emulated version?

I’m currently play on PC windows and Android without that many problems. You should be more precise to explain the crashes or it’s impossible to fix them.

Probably it depends on which cards you are using, they can have some issues.

See you.
I'll talk to him to see if I can take some screenshots... I'll create a new post for those then.

Thank you!
deadman23px

Post by deadman23px »

Bas wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:07 pm The chance for getting it working on PC are higher than for PSP for sure!

Yeah, that's likely!

We both discovered the game together years ago hahaha!
radley112

Post by radley112 »

deadman23px wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:48 am
Bas wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:07 pm The chance for getting it working on PC are higher than for PSP for sure!

Yeah, that's likely!

We both discovered the game together years ago hahaha!
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this information.