MIG Switch fight back against UnlockSwitch, announcing a V2 version of their flashcart. Insider info on some of its upcoming features

1. Person says:

Capitalism at work!

2. RedEyeMagpie says:

Decided to hold off as I knew this was only a matter of time before a button got released. Why they didn’t do it at first is beyond me but I prefer this option for my kids over a modchip.

• bc317 says:

Kids messing around Emunand CFW is always better than kids messing around Sysnand OFW. Not sure what your logic is there. Emunand is separate and one of the many benefits of the full hack. You can also always recover if something goes wrong. Cant say the same for Sysnand. You can also auto boot the Switch to Emunand so your kids could never touch Sysnand.

3. Tom says:

Your’e my witnesses I said this was gonna happen

4. NoTime4Gamez says:

I havent even received my pre-order from January

5. graham barton says:

How about v1 first still waiting

6. Will says:

Announcing a button version while we haven’t even received the original is BS.

• Evangeliman says:

It would be nice to recive my order from january. Maybe ill get an upgrade to v2? Its really annoying, how tiny is their production?

7. Carlos says:

Never got the one I ordered from MigSwitch back in January. Won’t support scams.

8. SumGuyWhoLovesCats says:

Ngl. If it works it works. But just don’t buy into it. Do your homework first. Love you wololo! Keep it up!

9. MarSprite says:

I hope neither is scamming, because that means competition, and ultimately when the retailers compete, the consumer wins. Competition can drive innovation, and sometimes it keeps prices down. I probably won’t be buying either, but it’s interesting to watch this whole situation evolve.

10. Woz says:

This is soooo exciting! It’s like Microsoft vs Apple!

11. celotex24 says:

I’m genuinely confused. To my understanding, the games can’t just be pirated copies right to work with the MIG switch? I thought they had to be legit unique dumps? Don’t you run the risk of getting your console banned if you load up a game that someone else is also running concurrently? Also, how likely is this to be patched by Nintendo? Can Nintendo block MIG/Unlock switch with a firmware change?

• wololo says:

Yes this can easily lead to a ban.
      I do not know if Nintendo can easily patch this: Hexkyz has stated that Nintendo have a different encryption scheme baked into the Nintendo that they could enable, in order to thwart this kind of flashcart, but it’s possible we’re so far into the console’s lifespan that they could decide to keep it for Switch 2