PS5: LightningMods releases etaHEN 1.6b and ItemzFlow 1.06
Today we’re getting updates for LightningMods‘ two PS5 apps, etaHEN and ItemzFlow. etaHEN 1.6b fixes 4.02 support, improves Rest mode support, and adds a bunch of bug fixes. ITemzFlow adds some QoL improvements such as the possibility to quickly see and delete missing games. If you have a hacked PS5, you’ll want to keep up to date with these two apps 🙂
If you’re looking for a Jailbreakable PS5:
Disclaimer: ebay links in this section are affiliate links. As an eBay partner, I may be compensated if you make a purchase.
You’re looking for a PS5 with Firmware 4.51 or lower. Major retailers don’t sell those anymore, so you want to buy second-hand (eBay or equivalent).
- Hunt for either a “new in box” Launch Edition PS5 or “new in box” CFI-10xx (CFI-10xx are what you’re looking for, CFI-11xx are risky, CFI-12xx are no go),
- Look for a used PS5 console where the seller can explicitly confirm the firmware. Sometimes searching for the exact firmware, e.g. PS5 4.03 can yield results. Always double check!!!
EtaHEN is basically as close as we’re getting to a CFW on the PS5 right now, and it’s the initial payload that most of us run on their hacked PS5 currently. Version 1.6b brings the following updates:
- Fixed 4.02 support
- Improved Rest mode support
- Added the controller shortcut for itemzflow
- Removed a dialog that would spam if libhijacker cheats was enabled while running a PS5 FG app
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause some apps not to be jailbroken when requested
- etaHEN will now remove the syscore hook after starting
You can Download etaHEN 1.6b here.
ItemzFlow is a nice GUI complement for etaHEN, a nice looking launcher for PS4 and PS5 Apps and Homebrew. Basically a must have as well. These are the changes for version 1.06:
- Missing PS5 FG apps will now be displayed in itemzflow for manual removal
- Added an option to show PS5 FG info
- Itemzflow will now check the amount of free space before copying or moving
- Added new disc icons and added a cover for missing games
- Added a setting to enable a system-wide controller shortcut to open itemzflow
- Fixed issues in certain Itemzflow categories
- Fixed an issue that would label PS5 apps as PS4 apps on the home menu
- Fixed an issue causing itemzflow so show the PS5 app wrong update version
- Fixed an issue causing some PS5 titles not to show up
- Added Chinese lang file
- Improved creating SQL DBs
- Improved PNG header parsing speed
- Added a few improvements
A lot of people were waiting for the option to scan for apps in particular, so I’m pretty excited to see it here
You can download ItemzFlow 1.06 here