PS5 Release: ps4-5-eboot-dlc-patcher can help run DLC with PS4 FPKGs on PS5
Developer idlesauce has released ps4-5-eboot-dlc-patcher, a tool that will help with DLC issues on PS4 FPKGs running on PS5s.
Alright let’s unwrap this one because it’s getting complicated just to read the title. Long story short, if you’re running PS4 FPKGs on a hacked PS5, then this tool might be for you.
It unfortunately requires IDA Pro at the moment, so will only be reserved to the selected few who can afford (or get their employer to pay for) the very expensive decompiling tool. Of course, it is very easy to imagine that patched versions of the eboots will be floating on the internet soon (and I’m also no fool, I realize a lot of people have “ways” to acquire IDA Pro unofficially).
With that being said, it would be great to see updates to make this useable by the layman. Hopefully this is only a first step until more “mainstream” tools can be developed down the road.
What is ps4-5-eboot-dlc-patcher
From the readme:
sceAppContentAddcontUnmount calls in the eboot to load dlcs from the same pkg. This is made for ps4 fpkgs, running on ps5, where dlc fpkgs dont work, although i guess it might also be useful for games where the main game is unlocked with dlcs so it can all be in one pkg (like some telltale games).
This is a quick and dirty script and its also not the best way to achieve this, since it needs strings (of a certains minimum length) that are not important, which means its possible some games wont work with this. If i have time i might update this with a better method.
- Requires IDA Pro 7.5 with https://github.com/SocraticBliss/ps4_module_loader plugin installed and python version 3.9/3.10
- Requires nasm.exe (https://www.nasm.us/)
- Useful for extracting and repacking pkgs: https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps4-patch-builder-for-building-modded-update-pkgs-by-modded-warfare.7112/ https://www.mediafire.com/file/xw0zn2e0rjaf5k7/Patch_Builder_v1.3.3.zip/file
Download and run ps4-5-eboot-dlc-patcher
How to use:
- Extract eboot.bin from update (or base pkg if you dont have an update) and un-fself it.
- Load eboot.elf in IDA (Make sure you select
PS4 - Main Module - ASLRtype when opening, if you dont see this option the eboot.bin might be an fself still)
- Wait for analysis to finish. The bar at the top should be mostly blue (Regular functions)
- Go to File->Script file… and select the python script from this repo.
- Follow the instructions, if you see
Patching completeyou’re good.
- Extract all files from the update pkg.
- Replace the eboot.bin from the extracted update pkg’s Image0 folder with our patched one (rename to eboot.bin)
- During the patching process you were asked to input a list of content ids, the order of these are the order the new dlc folder should be like:
GEDLC00000000001 -> dlc0/ TRAUMAPACK000000 -> dlc1/ GEPREDLC00000001 -> dlc2/
Create these folders in the extracted update’s Image0 folder, then extract the contents of each dlc’s Image0 to their respective dlcx/ folder
- Repack update pkg and you’re done
Source: via Echo Stretch