Release: DevilutionX 1.5.2 (Diablo port) for PS4, PS Vita, Switch (and other platforms)
The DevilutionX Team has released version 1.5.2 of their port of Diablo, compatible with many platforms, including the PS4, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch. This release is a minor update with mostly bug fixes.
What is DevilutionX
DevilutionX is basically a port of Diablo for modern platforms. It requires you to have the original game to play, or alternatively to play the free (shareware) version of the game. DevilutionX also suports mods, and includes some in its release (they can be enabled optionally). From the readme:
DevilutionX is a source port of Diablo and Hellfire that strives to make it simple to run the game while providing engine improvements, bugfixes, and some optional quality of life features.
DviliutionX 1.5.0 has been a massive milestone in the Diablo port, bringing a lot of new platforms and significant graphics improvements. Version 1.5.2 builds on top of this to fix multiple bugs. From the Changelog:
- Unable to join game due to invalid player data
- Improve rendering of Chinese/Japanese/Korean texts
- Hellfire items not saving their identified state
Stability / Performance / System
- Stash corrupting when converting a hero between Diablo and Hellfire
- Amiga: Incorrect rendering of things behind transparent elements
- Android: Game locking up when switching sound output
- Fedora: Unable to locate BZIP2
- Manjaro: Unable to locate libsodium
- Xbox: Game crashing unexpectedly
- Xbox: Improve performance
Download DevilutionX (Diablo port) 1.5.2 for PS4/ PS Vita / Nintendo Switch
You can download DevilutionX for various platforms on the official release page on github. (click on “show all assets” if you don’t see the release for your specific platform)
How to Install
Important: In addition to installing/running the homebrew like every other homebrew on your platform of choice, you will need to follow these instructions (from the readme):
You’ll need access to the data from the original game. If you don’t have an original CD then you can buy Diablo from GoG.com. Alternately you can use
spawn.mpq from the shareware version, in place of
DIABDAT.MPQ, to play the shareware portion of the game.
Download the latest DevilutionX release and extract the contents to a location of your choosing or build from source.
DIABDAT.MPQfrom the CD or GOG-installation (or extract it from the GoG installer) to the DevilutionX folder.
- To run the Diablo: Hellfire expansion you will need to also copy
For more detailed instructions: Installation Instructions.
Source (and more platform downloads): DevilutionX