PS5 Release: etaHEN 1.5b adds cheat support for Homebrew & bug fixes
There’s never been a better time to own a Jailbreakable PS5! A new update for LightningMods‘ etaHEN was released yesterday, which brings some welcome incremental improvements. Cheat support has been added to homebrew (it was restricted to official games until now), and some bug fixes have been added to the patch dumper (for ItemzFlow). The update brings more fixes and improvements (full list below).
If you’re looking for a Jailbreakable PS5:
Disclaimer: ebay links in this section are affiliate links. As an eBay partner, I may be compensated if you make a purchase.
You’re looking for a PS5 with Firmware 4.51 or lower. Major retailers don’t sell those anymore, so you want to buy second-hand (eBay or equivalent).
- Hunt for either a “new in box” Launch Edition PS5 or “new in box” CFI-10xx (CFI-10xx are what you’re looking for, CFI-11xx are risky, CFI-12xx are no go),
- Look for a used PS5 console where the seller can explicitly confirm the firmware. Sometimes searching for the exact firmware, e.g. PS5 4.03 can yield results. Always double check!!!
EtaHEN is basically as close as we’re getting to a CFW on the PS5 right now, and it’s the initial payload that most of us run on their hacked PS5 currently. Version 1.5.b brings the following updates:
- Libhijacker cheats now works with homebrew
- Added a setting to allow /data in apps sandboxes (enabled by default)
- (4.5x ONLY) Fixed an issue that could causes etaHEN to crash
- Fixed dumping patches from external drives (for itemzflow 1.06)
- Start-up Messages were consolidated
- Added an etaHEN log (/data/etaHEN/etaHEN.log)
- Disabled uploading to /dev via FTP
- Added a hidden setting to enable uploading to /dev
- Added mutexs for all the threads using a hijacker
- Added a null terminator to the IPC command messages
- Added a max wait timeout for jailbreaking
- Added Null checks for IPC commands
Download etaHEN 1.5B
If you’re using one of the publicly available exploit hosts, you’ll probably get the update automatically next time you connect. If you’re self hosting the exploit, you can Download etaHEN 1.5b here.