PS5 Release: Hotswap – Update your PS5 Avatar from your PC
If you have a hacked PS5, you might want to look at this release by Developer koolaidxk1d. Hotswap is a Windows tool that lets you connect to your FTP-enabled PS5, to Edit and change your Avatar remotely.
What is Hotswap for PS5
Hotswap is a Windows tool that lets you update your PS5’s avatar. This requires a hacked PS5 with a running FTP Server.
From the readme:
- Uses existing FTP solutions. No payload needed!
- Automatically handles .png/.dds file resizing and formatting
- Built-in crop tool and photo editor
- Pick image or take a picture with your webcam
- Automatic Light and Dark Mode themes
How to Use
- Input IP and Port to connect and grab the user data.
- Make desired changes.
- Click Save User to save changes to a given user.
Updating your PS5 Avatar manually
You could of course do this manually via an FTP client, and by manually editing your own png files. The files are located at /system_data/priv/cache/profile/[your_user_id]/ on your PS5. The files you want to modify are
Avatar.png is your original file in 440×440, while the others are resized square versions in DDS format (for example, avatar64 is a 64×64 dds file). Most image editors support both formats.
Download Hotswap for PS5
You can Download Hotswap from the project’s github here.