PS Vita Release: mGBA 0.10.1 (also available on Switch, 3DS, & others)
Developer Endrift has released an update to popular GameBoy/GameBoy Advance emulator mGBA for the PS Vita, taking it to version 0.10.1. This release fixes multiple bugs and improves overall performance of the emulator.
mGBA is also available for other platforms (including Nintendo Switch and 3DS) at https://mgba.io/
What is mGBA for PS Vita?
From the Readme:
mGBA is a new generation of Game Boy Advance emulator. The project started in April 2013 with the goal of being fast enough to run on lower end hardware than other emulators support, without sacrificing accuracy or portability. Even in the initial version, games generally played without problems. mGBA has only gotten better since then, and now boasts being the most accurate GBA emulator around.
Other goals include accurate enough emulation to provide a development environment for homebrew software, a good workflow for tool-assist runners, and a modern feature set for emulators that older emulators may not support.
mGBA PS Vita – What’s new in 0.10.1
From the Changelog:
- GB Audio: Fix channels 1/2 not playing when resetting volume (fixes #2614)
- GB Audio: Fix channel 3 volume being changed between samples (fixes #1896)
- GB Audio: Fix up boot sequence
- GB Audio: Fix updating channels other than 2 when writing NR5x
- GB Memory: Actually, HDMAs should start when LCD is off (fixes #2662)
- GB Serialize: Don’t write BGP/OBP when loading SCGB state (fixes #2694)
- GB SIO: Further fix bidirectional transfer starting
- GBA: Fix resetting key IRQ state (fixes #2716)
- GBA BIOS: Include timing in degenerate ArcTan2 cases (fixes #2763)
- GBA Video: Ignore disabled backgrounds as OBJ blend target (fixes #2489)
- GBA: Fix forceskip BIOS logic for multiboot ROMs (fixes #2753)
- GBA Cheats: Fix issues detecting unencrypted cheats (fixes #2724)
- Qt: Manually split filename to avoid overzealous splitting (fixes #2681)
- Qt: Fix scanning specific e-Reader dotcodes (fixes #2693)
- Qt: Don’t re-enable sync if GBA link modes aren’t the same (fixes #2044)
- Qt: Improve handling of multiplayer syncing (fixes #2720)
- Qt: Fix initializing update revision info
Download and Install mGBA for PS Vita