PS5 Custom Themes release: God of War, God Of War Ragnarok & more (BD-JB)
PlayStation Scene member and developer @Ifaicompa has released some new Custom Themes for PS5 Owners, including Themes based on God of War, and God of War Ragnarok. This follows his previous PS5 Custom theme releases. The God of war PS5 custom Themes include background music, animations, icons, and more. You can see these themes in action in the videos below.
You will need a hacked PS5 in order to install these custom themes. This release only works for the BD-JB version of the exploit (not Webkit) at the moment.
The developer has also released other themes, including Cyberpunk 2077, Elden ring, etc…
How to install PS5 Custom Themes with PS5PM
- PS5PM is a payload for your hacked PS5 that lets the system re-mount some partitions with writeable attributes.
- The developer states that his payload is only compatible with the BD-JB exploit currently (I’m not sure why this wouldn’t work on Webkit though?), so you’ll need to create the corresponding ISO file to burn on a rewriteable Blu-Ray disc (people running this exploit probably know the drill by now)
- Once this is done, you can then fire up the PS5 FTP Payload, and access your console’s hard drive with an FTP client, to overwrite some of the PS5’s theme files with your own file, allowing you to customize your theme.
Because the files get physically overwritten on the disk, the theme is technically permanent, and will survive a reboot of the console.
Download PS5PM and PS5 Custom Themes
- You can Download PS5PM Here, along with some of the custom themes provided by the developer.
- God of War and God of War Ragnarok Theme can be found in this folder
- Also download the FTP Server Payload FTPS5 here
- Because you are overwriting files on your console’s hard drive, there is non negligible risk of a brick if you touch the wrong files. Proceed at your own risk.
- In most cases you should be able to get out of a “semi brick” by going into safe mode with the PS5 and install a recovery firmware.
- Compatibility confirmed on 3.20 but should work on other exploitable firmwares too
- Only confirmed to work with the BD-JB exploit (not Webkit) for now
- You can of course replace the sample theme pictures with a theme of your liking. It’s also likely you’ll have to do some manual modifications of some of the included sample files to match your own app folders, etc… so consider the provided samples as…well, samples to get inspiration from.
- dds files should be 3840×2160
- Note: The PS5PM source code is courtesy of John Tornblom and can be found here.