Round-up of the holiday hacking scene releases you might have missed (Playstation, Nintendo)
Christmas has been a busy period in terms of releases for the console hacking scene. While we did write a few articles on some of these releases this week, a lot more releases happened over the past few days, and we couldn’t talk about everything fast enough. Here’s a short summary of what we saw for the scene:
- The first PS5 Custom Theme was released, to demonstrate usage of the PS5 Partition Mounter payload
- PS4 CFW Toolkit released by Al-Azif, decryption/encryption tool, paves the way for future full-fledged PS4 Custom Firmwares
- GoldHEN 2.3 released, the popular PS4 HEN brings plugin support
- PS4 NOR Validator is getting new releases almost daily recently, to improve support of the Syscon “downgrade” technique. New releases of PS4 NOR Validator here.
- LightningMods and MasterZorag released ItemzFlow, an open source PS4 Menu alternative that looks gorgeous!
- Reaper Studio and MultiTrainer II (tools to create PS4 patches and cheats) have been updated to 1.0.2 and 1.1.7 respectively. These releases bring compatibility with the latest GoldHEN, and bug fixes.
- the fpPS4 PS4 emulator is making crazy progress, almost on a daily basis. We reported on its status a few days ago here, but more games are already reported working. You can download the latest builds here. (click on the most recent action, then scroll down to artifacts for the download link. Must be logged in to github to see the link). Temmie’s launcher, a GUI for the emulator, can be found here.
- NetStream lets you watch Youtube on your PS Vita (official Youtube support was dropped years ago on the device by Sony). It was released by GrapheneCT.
- PS Vita 3.74 Kernel Exploit “HENlo” released by PlayStation hacker TheFloW
- ARK (PSP Custom Firmware within the PS Vita) version 4.19.2 fixes some bugs and adds a Christmas message every 12/25th 🙂
- The Vita3K PS Vita emulator keeps improving through daily builds. We last talked about the status of PS Vita emulation here.
- Apollo Save Tool for PS Vita was updated to 1.1.2
- Popular PS3 emulator RPCS3 basically now supports all PS3 games ever made.
- Howling Wolf & Chelsea over at PSX-Place released a showcase of XtremeEliteBoot+, a work-in-progress homebrew that serves as a launcher, an OSDSYS replacement and a fully fledged environment forPS2. XtremeEliteBoot+ lets you create your own plugins in lua to control its behavior, and mod it from the ground up. It is so powerful one can code a game inside its themes:
- ENLBufferPwn was disclosed, a critical vulnerability impacting 3DS, Wii U, and Switch in Nintendo First party games
- L4T Ubuntu (Linux for Nintendo Switch) 5.0.0 was released.
- Hekate 6.0.0 and Nyx 1.5.0 were released.
I’m sure we missed a lot of other cool releases over the past few days. Let us know which ones in the comments!