Heads up: Samsung 980 Pro 2TB is $179.99 on Amazon. $189.99 with heatsink. (One of the most recommended SSDs for PS5)

Weird PS5 Firmware update pushed by Sony, but also there’s some bigger hidden news here

1. 23ps5 says:

My playstation 5 is still on version 2.3, as I never really used it (I’m a pc gamer, I used the ps5 2-3 time when I bought it then forgot it on my shelf lol) is it worth updating to 4.03/4.5 or should I wait on 2.3?

• wololo says:

My current opinion is as follows: there is nothing “useful” you can do as an end user on firmware 4.03 or 4.50 right now. Conversely, firmware 2.3 might have even more vulnerabilities that could be interesting in the future.

So:
      – if you’re a skilled R/E engineer and think you can help hacking the console further, I would recommend updating to 4.03 and get started
      – Otherwise, I would recommend staying on 2.3 for now, at least until something “significant” (from and end-user perspective) gets released on 4.03/4.50

2. Jgr9 says:

Now you’re gonna tells me Dark_Alex is back

3. ArnoldS says:

After update it shows 22.02-06.00.01.42-00.00.00.0.1. Before update it was without the “42”. European version.

4. gokuhs says:

This reminds me of the PS3 era, when they released the two PUPs from version 3.56 to cover up the hard drive swap error.

5. Ccivane+ says:

sent all kernal explot at email. Very happy

6. Ethan says:

Doesn’t Sony ban your devices / accounts for using their jailbroken products?

• wololo says:

The way Jailbreaks are released nowadays, you always need to be a on low firmware to enable the jailbreak. That implies not being able to access Sony’s services in the first place. They could still technically ban you for running a Jailbreak, but in practice you already “banned” your device by accepting to be on a lower firmware.

1. October 13, 2022

[…] have pushed a new PS5 firmware update earlier today, version 6.02. The previous one, 6.00.01, was only a week ago, and we mentioned that it was odd (not only for the very minor increment in version number, but […]