PS Vita: VitaShell 2.04 by Yoti (and other Vita tools get 3.74 firmware support!)
Scene developer Yoti has released an update to his fork of VitaShell today. The developer has also released 3.74 support for other tools such as h-encore², StorageMgr, and VitaTweaks over the past few weeks (links below).
This VitaShell release itself brings support for PS Vita Firmwares 3.61 and 3.63. 3.74 support was added by Yoti earlier this month.
As a reminder, Modoru was recently updated to support 3.74, for those looking to downgrade instead.
What is VitaShell for PS Vita?
VitaShell is the most popular homebrew utility for the PSVita since it’s installed on almost every HENkaku-enabled PSVita/PSTV. It was originally developed by TheFloW and it won the PS Vita Revitalize competition as it was determined “Best homebrew” back in 2015. Now, it’s become a Swiss Army knife for the PSVita since it can do many things such as:
- Install packages (including homebrew)
- Let you start an FTP server to copy files to your Vita. You may also use it to copy files to your Vita via USB from your computer.
- Read QR codes and even install VPKs from them if they lead to one.
- Sort/Delete/Create files and folders.
- Extract and create ZIP files.
- Read and display various files such as music files (MP3), pictures, SFO files and much more.
- Use themes for maximum customization
- Many other features!
What’s new in VitaShell 2.04
From the changelog:
- Added support for FW 3.61 and 3.63.
Download and install VitaShell 2.04
Important note from the developer: DO NOT try to install new
VitaShell itself! Use another file manager like
molecularShell or ONEMenu. Or replace
eboot.bin file inside
ux0:app/VITASHELL/ directory with new one.
Asa reminder, this isn’t an official release from TheFloW himself, but Yoti is a trusted dev of the scene.
Other Tools updated to support Vita firmware 3.74
Yoti and other developers on the scene have updated a handful of tools to support Vita firmware 3.74, since that firmware was released in May. You can find their download links below: