How to: Install Steam Deck UI on PS4, by Noob404
Noob404, the PS4 scene’s new Linux expert, has published a video tutorial on how to install the Steam Deck UI on PS4. The technique requires a Jailbroken PS4 (of course) and will let you run the Steam Deck UI on a Linux distribution of your choice.
Steam Deck UI on PS4 – Requirements
- You’ll need a Jailbroken PS4 that can run Linux (firmware 9.00 or lower)
- You’ll want to install a Linux distribution on your Jailbroken PS4 (see example here)
- You’ll need to install Steam on that Linux distribution (note: a lot of PS4 pre-packaged Linux distros already have Steam installed).
Steam Deck UI on PS4 – Steps
This assumes you have a Jailbroken PS4 running Linux already. The following steps are just a summary of the video, which details everything.
- Install Gamescope
- Login and Setup Steam
- Install Steam Deck UI on PS4 Linux
- Make Steam Deck UI go fullscreen
- Make Steam Deck UI go fullscreen (Gamescope)
- Make application shortcut for Steam Deck UI
- Download and launch games on Steam Deck UI
- Fix Blackscreen or Steam Deck/Normal Steam switching issue