PS4: Check Game Firmware (CGFw) v2.24 release
Developer OfficialAhmed has released Check Game Firmware (CGFw) 2.24. This Python utility lets you check whether a specific PS4 game is likely to run on your firmware or not.
What is Check Game Firmware (CGFw) for PS4?
This is a Python tool that compares a game’s release date with the release date of PS4 firmwares, to tell you whether a game is likely to run on your firmware or not. This is not 100% accurate but should give you a ballpark estimate.
How to use:
Important Disclaimer: the developer provides an executable through a Mega Link on his github page, which is supposed to install the tool and run python for you. In our tests, the package (downloaded from Mega) wasn’t considered safe by our antivirus, so we prefer to go with the source version, which doesn’t seem to have the problem. Until further notice, do not download the zip from Mega, and instead get the source code from the link below.
- Install Python if you don’t have it already
- Download the source (link below) and extract it
on your command line, in the folder where you extracted the tool, type “python CGFw.py“.
- Note: if you’re getting a “ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘requests'” error: add the following lines at the top of CGFW.py with any text editor:
import sys sys.path.append("./data/Lib/site-packages")
Pick the desired firmware from top left hand corner
type the Game Title then search
Red results Meaning: Game isn’t supported by the firmware you picked (0-5% chance)
Orange results Meaning: Game may or may not be supported (20-40% chance)
Green results Meaning: Game is most probably (80-95% chance) supported by the firmware
What’s new in Check Game Firmware 2.24
From the changelog:
- [Feature] Online mode is now available. No spelling check from CGFw all handled by the online engine. Only games available on PlayStation Store will be recognized.
- [Fixed] Doesn’t cache Fw and keeps showing the default one
- [Fixed] Wrong Fw reading from offline Db
- [Enhancement] Removed alpha firmwares as well as fw starting with (1)
- [Enhancement] Mode will also be cached now on (Save and update changes button click)
- [Enhancement] No reload needed after (Save settings)
- [Enhancement] Minimized codes/repetitions + Changed different approaches to many problems
Download CGFw 2.24
You can download the python script here.