Heads up: SanDisk 1TB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I is $124.99 (38% off) on Amazon, compatible Nintendo Switch (affiliate link)

PS5 Firmware 5.02 & PS4 Firmware 9.51 released, in context of FreeBSD heap buffer overflow vulnerability. Do not update

1. Mayor Firstus of Firstville says:

First!

2. Deniz says:

EU plans to have customer upgrade to an earlier version of Software per law. I really want to see, how this impacts on something like the Playstation or XBOX. I mean the whole thing about eFuses is to prevent Users from Downgrading or running invalid Software.

Its part of their new right to repair / more rights for the customer law. This could really bringt some fresh air in the scene.

• QWERTY says:

Downgrade, maybe, but not with the patches open, surely. lol It wouldn’t go down well if so many could easily.

3. Djokovic says:

First-ly let me tell how excited this makes me 😀

4. xbox one>pc says:

LUCKLY i DONT HAVE ps5 or xsx

5. RedEyeJedi says:

Ok this is pretty cool. Not for WAREZ but I want to do some editing to Elden Ring retail. Been tinkering with the Network Test. I just hope it does work on latest patch. The PS3 network got clogged with cheaters.

6. xbox one>pc says:

nice sony please all patch pirated consoles

7. Frejan says:

Using 9.0 and happy with all my games backuped running from a 1TB SSD that I can use in my PC. That alone makes it worth not use the OFW.

8. Paul says:

There’s a new playstation $10,000 bounty by Theflow0. Now what I gotta do is to not update

9. z4fr4n says:

Not the case for all those desperate people updating their console just to play the newest trending game for about a week or two.

10. FW Checker says:

Is version 4.50 standard on new PS5 from factory?

1. April 18, 2022

[…] seeing some activity here on HackerOne, but we’ve also seen a firmware update on both PS5 and PS4 recently, which might, or might not, be related. Scene veteran Zecoxao states that firmware 9.51 on the PS4 […]