PS4 Release: BwE PS4 NOR Validator 1.8.0
BetterWayElectronics has released an update to their PS4 NOR Validator tool. Version 1.8.0 Adds new Flags & Patches, and fixes some bugs, among other changes.
What is BwE PS4 NOR Validator?
From BwE himself:
This program is designed solely to validate the NOR flash of your PS4 console.
Why would you need to do this? Well if your console has suddenly died and has what is called the ‘BLOD’, the NOR can be the reason why. Using my program will allow you to validate literally every single byte of the NOR (or over 2045 specific areas) – allowing you to see where or if it is corrupted.
The most common area of corruption that causes the BLOD is the CID. Some areas of this section can actually be repaired, if you’re lucky! I and others have done this!
Don’t forget to use my Comparator tool to help you understand what the difference is for a specific section of the NOR. It will help you with patching! Other areas can be inter-changed between different consoles and are more suited for repair, the WiFi/BT module is a good example of this. So fundamentally, this program is for console repairers like myself.
BwE PS4 NOR Validator 1.8.0 – What’s new
- 1.8.0 (15/11/21) Added Unlisted Results,
- Added New Flags & Patches (Boot Parameter (Dev, Assist, Release), Memory Budget and Slow HDD Mode),
- Added New WiFi/BT FW MD5, Changed Patch Offset Interpretation For WiFi/BT,
- Fixed Patching Showing Dump MD5 Instead of Patch MD5,
- Changed Interpretation of Dump Files (Save Time With Hardcore Corruption/Wrong Files),
- Cosmetic Fixes, Connection Fixes (Temporary).
Download PS4 NOR Validator 1.8.0
You can download PS4 NOR Validator from the developer’s github here.