Release: PPSSPP updated to 1.12 (PSP Emulator)
PSP Emulator PPSSPP 1.12 has been released, and brings in particular support for Android 12 and the new Android storage model, “Scoped Storage”. The new release also brings multiple bug fixes and improvements.
What is PPSSPP
As its name suggests, PPSSPP is an emulator for the PlayStation Portable and the go-to emulator at that. This emulator, whose original author is Henrik Rydgård, does not only emulate games pretty accurately with good performance but is also available on a wide variety of platforms including iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, macOS and the Switch among others.
Furthermore, it also boasts an impressive arsenal of features including save state support, a homebrew downloader, translations in tens of languages and the ability to render games at higher resolutions among others.
PPSSPP 1.12. What’s new for the PSP Emulator
Now, PPSSPP 1.12 has been released which comes with:
- Support for Android 12 Scoped Storage
- Lots of updated UI, like a new joystick calibration system and many new touch control options, new backgrounds
- Built-in CRC calculator, to be able to check with others that your ISO is valid
- Many, many multiplayer fixes
- Numerous game fixes
- Savestate Undo for both load and save
- Many graphical glitches fixed, and new texture filtering option Auto Max Quality for smooth texturing
- New audio options, like choose whether to switch to newly plugged in devices, reverb volume, etc
- And much more!
Download PPSSPP 1.12
Head over to the download section of the PPSSPP emulator to grab the version that matches your device of choice.