Heads up: Horizon Forbidden West available for Preorder on Amazon: PS5 - PS4 (affiliate link)

This $55 SSD actually works very well on the PS5, analysis finds

1. IBeatFirstus says:

First again

Eat it Firstus

2. Charles Fasano says:

I bought the ADATA 2TB GAMMIX S70 for around $300 from ADATA’s eBay store. It’s cheap compared to other NMVe devices but it meets Sony’s requirements as my PS5 said it was 6200MB/s.

3. cyberpunk 2078 best game ewer says:

I dont have ps5

4. TobATon says:

I think this is one of those things where only time will be able to tell if there’s a significant difference in experience between using a faster or slower drive. The test done with current games is simply that, it’s testing the current games’ use of resources and how it compares when switching to a slower drive. This doesn’t really mean that future developers will find cool ways of making use of the additional bandwidth in other ways (remember the ps2’s super fast memory and how it was used to achieve different effects? Yeah, cool times eh?).

For now, it may make no difference since we’re just looking at loading times, but it would be really nice to see this bandwidth put to use in more creative ways later on. Anyway, only time will let us know if this speed difference will ultimately be a drive for development or if it will be negligible and just scratched off as faster storage like it has been on PC for so many years.

• TobATon says:

Ah! Small correction there:
      “This doesn’t really mean that future developers WON’T find…”

Always read your essays, kids. Don’t be like me.

5. my gtx1060 is ready says:

I dont have ps5 or xsx becouse of expensives price consoles and hdd

6. wollie says:

SONY is lying piece of SJW ***

7. wollie says:

SONY is lying piece of SJW c r 4 p

1. September 22, 2021

[…] Cheap underspec SSD confirmed to work well on PS5. Rich Leadbetter over at digital foundry wanted to find the ?cheapest possible? SSD drive that would still …View full source […]