PS Vita/Switch/3DS: Retroarch 1.9.9 released
The libretro team have released Retroarch 1.9.9. The popular multi-emulator is available for a lot of platforms, including of course Windows, Mac OS, and Linux, but also on the PS Vita/PSTV and Nintendo Switch, as well as Android and iOS (and many other consoles as well, including the3DS which gets a nice update with this release).
This new release brings in particular HDR support for Direct3D 11/12 drivers, 3DS Bottom touchscreen menu, AMD FSR Slang support, and more.
What’s new in Retroarch 1.9.9 ?
From the release notes:
- 3DS: Add bottom touchscreen menu
- 3DS/SAVESTATES: Save and load save states to and from RAM
- AUDIO/MIXER: Ensure than menu sounds are re-enabled when calling CMD_EVENT_AUDIO_REINIT
- AUDIO/RESAMPLER/MIXER: Fix menu sounds (audio mixing) when using the ‘sinc’ resampler with quality lower than ‘normal’
- AUDIO/CONVERSION/ARM NEON: Add intrinsic NEON versions for float_to_s16/s16_to_float – should lead to optimized codepaths for AArch64/ARMv7 architectures without being dependent on ASM codepaths.
- AUDIO/RESAMPLER/ARM NEON: Add intrinsic NEON version for lanczos sinc function – should lead to optimized codepaths for AArch64/ARMv7 architectures without being dependent on ASM codepaths.
- CHEEVOS: Upgrade to rcheevos 10.2
- CHEATS: Add enhanced search functionality to the ‘Cheats’ menu
- CHEATS/RUNAHEAD: Fix cheats when using second instance runahead
- CONFIG: Add option to (force-)write current core options to disk (Quick Menu)
- CORE INFO CACHE: Remove core path from core info cache. Should make core info caches portable now (for example: you can move RetroArch to a separate dir and they would still work).
- D3D11: Use Shader Model 5.0 for frontend shaders if D3D11 Feature level is at least 11.0 or higher. Should fix some new shaders that require SM 5.0 (like AMD FSR)
- D3D11: Add HDR support (not working for Xbox for now)
- D3D12: Add HDR support (not working for Xbox for now)
- EMSCRIPTEN: Fixed web player bug with filesystem and runtime
- INPUT/OVERLAY: Fix overlay input when analog to digital mapping is enabled
- INPUT/UDEV: Look for “ID_INPUT_KEY”, not “ID_INPUT_KEYBOARD”
- INPUT/WINRAW: Fix crash when overlay is enabled
- MAC/METAL: Add Discord RPC support
- MENU: Allow ‘Custom Aspect Ratio (X Position)/(Y Position)/(Width)/(Height)’ to be entered manually via keyboard
- MENU: Allow ‘Vertical Refresh Rate’ to be entered manually via keyboard
- MENU/SHADERS: Highlight currently selected value in Shader Parameter drop-down lists
- STABILITY: Safer way of avoiding the race condition in audio_driver_sample/audio_driver_sample_batch – we can check audio-suspended to see if we’re doing a fs/windowed toggle – enhances stability when fullscreen toggling/tearing down context
- STABILITY: When audio driver write callback function fails, don’t turn audio off completely – look if audio_driver_output_samples_conv_buf is non-NULL first before we attempt to write audio – enhances stability when fullscreen toggling/tearing down context
- STABILITY: Input robustness for cores that use internal threading (full teardown/setup), no audio should be processed at this point in time
- VIDEO: Screen resolution list sanitizing
- VULKAN: Fix some Vulkan validation layer errors
- UWP: Updated icons courtesy of Danp142
- UWP/XBOX: Disable CPU model check on Xbox as it doesn’t work and can even crash
- UWP/VFS/XBOX: Code cleanup and simplification of UWP VFS driver
You can check more details on their official 1.9.9 announcement page.
Download Retroarch 1.9.9
You can Download Retroarch 1.9.9 for your platform of choice on their official download page.